Anyone Been To Hunter House Hotel?

Has anyone ever been in the Peace Guest House - what's it like?

Do not use the Nether Edge Hotel. It is a dump.

Originally posted by jimmy

Hardwick House Hotel is in S11.

Never stayed but heard positive reviews and it seems quite interesting.

It's not far from me and I've only ever heard good reports about it. The owner is also very funny and a great entertainer.

Originally posted by Cheesemouse1

The Psalter Tavern (on Psalter lane) have rooms and i think they are £35.00 a night. I have no idea what they are like though. There's also the Peace Guest House on the bottom of Brocco Bank but again i don'tt know what its like or how much it costs.

peace guest house is now contracted out to the council so you cant actually book rooms there any more so i was told

Originally posted by lauramuz

Originally posted by Cheesemouse1

The Psalter Tavern (on Psalter lane) have rooms and i think they are £35.00 a night. I have no idea what they are like though. There's also the Peace Guest House on the bottom of Brocco Bank but again i don'tt know what its like or how much it costs.

peace guest house is now contracted out to the council so you cant actually book rooms there any more so i was told

I thought the Peace Guest House was used in a similar way to a half way house now or something?

I remember an incident there a while back where the Police shut the area off and a mate of mine who lives opposite their told me that the place had been used for people who'd recently been released from prison.

I've not seen or heard anything official, so it could be just local gossip, but does anyone know?

apparently its been used by the council to house homeless on short term basis. I called to book a room for family and the guy who owns it told me this so i guess its right

There are a couple of B&B's on Rustlings Rd opposite the park.