American Football OR Rugby training for amateur 22 year old?

I've recently taken an interest in American Football after my visit to America after seeing it on TV almost every day. I don't fully understand the rules of the game but I am working on it. I'm looking to play this or try Rugby (also never played before and not sure on the rules). Basically wanting a club in which I can train and get to the fitness and build required. I've only ever played football and tennis so need to put on some muscle but I am very enthusiastic and attend the gym a fair bit now.

If anyone can help me out, please, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

hi Josh, my flag football team, Steel City Knights would love to have you down. Find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/steelcityknights

We train most Saturday at the lower football fields in Norfolk Park at 10:00am. You just need to bring boots and water, everything else will be provided! Give me a shout if you need anything.

Hi Josh.

Try the Sheffield Predators. We are the only full contact, adult American Football team in Sheffield.

We have a rookie day coming up on the 26th Jan. that would be ideal for you. There will be plenty of others there who don't know the game so well, along with plenty of guys who were part of the National Championship winning team last season.

We're easy to find on Facebook, or PM me for more details.

P.s. all you need is suitable footwear, a gum shield and water. Everything else is provided :-)

ROOKIE day at Westfield School 26th Jan 11am start, full coaching provided be ideal for new starters, come along and enjoy the contact,

thanks for information about Rockie day