Sign in to follow this  

How many Bassett's were in Sheffield

All this talk of Bassett's with strange St names is confusing me.My Bassett's was on Penistone Rd, how many plants were built over the yrs

Originally posted by flyer

All this talk of Bassett's with strange St names is confusing me.

my neighbour had two, a dog and a bitch,they had 2 litters of 8 but one died.not sure if they had strange names though:confused:

I was once photographed for the Star dressed as Bertie Bassett, sat next to Dave Bassett (then Manager of Sheffield United. He didn't know it was me! :D

Originally posted by MrH

I. He didn't know it was me! :D

neither did anyone else:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Its no crime to admit, even to yourself that you're just not old or smart enough to know.

,Hi Brush , Is the plant still on Penistone Rd,why all the confusing St names on other threads(many plants?).

Originally posted by kirky

my neighbour had two, a dog and a bitch,they had 2 litters of 8 but one died.not sure if they had strange names though:confused:

pmsl!!!! :)

Originally posted by flyer

,Hi Brush , Is the plant still on Penistone Rd,why all the confusing St names on other threads(many plants?).

Sure is, called Cadbury Trebor Bassett nowadays though.

I believe that when George Bassett first came to Sheffield, his premises were located on Broad Street (now where Park Square Roundabout is).

Arh Cadbury Trebor I use to work O-Pee-Chee bubble gum,running flat out up& down stairs fixing anything in sight and thin as a rake,after 20yrs moved to candy plant ,put on 60lbs in 3 months ,who can walk past those nutty candys without taking a handfull(100 times a day).

For anyone interested, George Basset's grave is visible in the General Cemetery off Cemetery Road in Sharrow. He did not invent liquorice allsorts though, it was one of his employees in the late 19th/early 20th century