The Money Shop, Crystal Peaks..

Neither a borrower or a lender be. I suppose you would still have to borrow money to buy a house but apart from that it's good advice.:)

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

I'm not sure you know, lending looks pretty profitable to me going by Panorama the other night: Undercover Debt on the Doorstep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n7m0q/Panorama_Undercover_Debt_on_the_Doorstep/

I watched that the other evening and found it to be rather uncomfortable viewing, hearing the "reps" admit that they are trained to keep their customers (many of which are old and vulnerable) in debt at all costs was disgusting.

Don't be fooled by the glossy, friendly High street profile of these companies, they really are the lowest of the low. It is such a shame that many people feel they have no other option than to use them.

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

Pound shops, loan sharks, what ever next, gypsies in caravans telling your fortunes, the place really is becoming the lowest common denominator and has got to be the only major shopping centre to have a large charity furniture shop inside.

Just when Crystal Peaks had taken a huge leap to up its profile by opening a M&S it drags itself back down to the dreggs!

I think you meant greggs. :hihi:

I'm not sure you know, lending looks pretty profitable to me going by Panorama the other night: Undercover Debt on the Doorstep

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n7m0q/Panorama_Undercover_Debt_on_the_Doorstep/

A good case to make these places illegal,but then where would desparate people go?

A good case to make these places illegal,but then where would desparate people go?

Job centre :|

Exactly, they're just servicing the average clientele of Crystal Peaks, who will then go inside to spend their easy-gotten cash in Poundland and Greggs.

M&S and Next have the right idea. They may be part of CP, but can be parked outside and accessed without ever having to actually enter the main centre.

M&S food is disgusting, half of it single portion microwave crap. They probably spend more on the packaging to entice people to buy it than they do on the contents. A microwaved lasagne is going to taste like cardboard covered in cheese whether you buy it from poundland or M&S.

The sandwiches are all disgusting. They just bang some random ingredients in that makes it sound posh - "Try out gherkin, banana, pineapple and shrimp Sandwich, made with the finest Oat infused bread and drizzled with extra virgin oil". Err no thanks!

Then they have M&S "own label" things like Cola, orange-aid, tomato sauce, etc which costs twice as much as proper Coke, Fanta, Heinz tomato ketchup, etc at any normal supermarket.

Famous for the their "puddings" - again; single portion microwave crap, designed for single people.

It's a shop designed for widows and single working 30-40something year olds who think carrying around a M&S bag makes them middle-class.

Oh and if you're wearing anything from M&S apart from socks, underpants or a tie and you're under 60; you need to sit down and have a good long think about the direction your life is taking you (preferably in front of a mirror!).

Edited by kinetic

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

A branch of the Money Shop (extortionate pay-day loans & pawnbrokers) is opening up in the old Halifax building society building at the bus station entrance to Crystal Peaks, right next to.........Betfred betting shop!!!!

Is it me or can people see this getting slightly messy?

It's like putting mice in charge of the cheese :loopy:

haiving studdyed all the points made regards the low life who strip cash from everday foke l truleley scanning the shops for things of intrest I myself hate the like

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK