The Money Shop, Crystal Peaks..

A branch of the Money Shop (extortionate pay-day loans & pawnbrokers) is opening up in the old Halifax building society building at the bus station entrance to Crystal Peaks, right next to.........Betfred betting shop!!!!

Is it me or can people see this getting slightly messy?

It's like putting mice in charge of the cheese :loopy:

If you're stupid enough to lend money from these loan sharks and then pop in to a betting shop then you don't have my sympathy.

Come the revolution these places shall burn. Hopefully pensioners will be nearby to get a warm what with gas prices.

You know what's odd? When I was looking round comparing rates for Euros for my recent trip to Paris, I'd tried all the main names, and discovered that these people had the best exchange rate in town. I only noticed it as I was walking to get a sandwich thinking I'd done them all and saw their board.

So basically, unpleasant people, but good if you want euros!

Just when Crystal Peaks had taken a huge leap to up its profile by opening a M&S it drags itself back down to the dreggs!

If you're stupid enough to lend money from these loan sharks and then pop in to a betting shop then you don't have my sympathy.

You mean borrow money from? I have been there. They need their APRs chopping off. I see so many of these places opening up recently, all with the sole aim of exploiting people who have no access to 'proper' credit.

Betfred, Money Shop, Brighthouse, Charity Shops ... its a sign of the times and illustrates 'broken Britain'. 15 years ago Crystal Peaks wouldn't have entertained this sort of business.

////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

Imagine that, businesses popping up to take advantage of the current trends and economy. Damn those profiteering scoundrels :hihi:

And the way they force people to visit their shops and borrow.

Exactly, they're just servicing the average clientele of Crystal Peaks, who will then go inside to spend their easy-gotten cash in Poundland and Greggs.

M&S and Next have the right idea. They may be part of CP, but can be parked outside and accessed without ever having to actually enter the main centre.

Betfred, Money Shop, Brighthouse, Charity Shops ... its a sign of the times and illustrates 'broken Britain'. 15 years ago Crystal Peaks wouldn't have entertained this sort of business.

The others I agree with, but what's wrong with charity shops? People give away items they don't need, so that others can buy them cut price to raise money for a good cause. What's the problem there?

Also, Peaks has always been a poor Meadowhall. The shops have always been second rate. I lived close by most of my life, but always went to Meadowhall as it's simply better.

The others I agree with, but what's wrong with charity shops? People give away items they don't need, so that others can buy them cut price to raise money for a good cause. What's the problem there?

Also, Peaks has always been a poor Meadowhall. The shops have always been second rate. I lived close by most of my life, but always went to Meadowhall as it's simply better.

Nothing at all wrong with charity shops, I have donated furniture to them recently and will continue to do so, but sadly the arrival of the charity shop in a shopping mall downgrades the surrounding businesses and gives the an of desperation. The area around Crystal Peaks needs shops that will lift the general demeanour of the place, not the likes of Money Shop and Betfred that contribute nothing to the area.