Scam please help!!

You havent thought this one through very well, have you?

This thread has had me in stitches...Talk about..."Belongs in a book" :D

Edited by MikeOnline
typo

gumtree is full of scams and scammers , dose nt help when gumtree post your adds all over the country be aware

I hope you did not give them your bank account details

Sort code and account number is perfectly safe for someone to deposit money into your account, via online.It is the long number that you need to take money out.

gumtree is full of scams and scammers , dose nt help when gumtree post your adds all over the country be aware

When you sign up to GUMTREE you agree to there terms and conditions.

It pays to read them first..:)

Sort code and account number is perfectly safe for someone to deposit money into your account, via online.It is the long number that you need to take money out.

2 out of 3 ain't bad for a start.:o

This thread has had me in stitches...Talk about..."Belongs in a book" :D

If you really were in stitchers you are a really sad fella, or easily amused (or both which is what my money is on).

Sorry but that's incorrect. There are various ways to scam money with a sort code & account number. If you also have the address it's even easier.

The long number (like a credit card number) is only used on electronic payment means.

Every single time i put something on gumtree the you get an email saying "hi i need your item contact me via email" or "i want to give you 50 more than what your asking but please send it to me" its all a scam! watch it!

If you really were in stitchers you are a really sad fella, or easily amused (or both which is what my money is on).

I think it is you that is SAD... not me kID.

I find it funny...Don't you?...

My money is on me finding this thread funny and you doing whatever it is that you do..

Not much by the sounds of it EH Lad?

Sorry but that's incorrect. There are various ways to scam money with a sort code & account number. If you also have the address it's even easier.

The long number (like a credit card number) is only used on electronic payment means.

Not really, you give these numbers out with every cheque you write, but just about the only way to make use of them is to pay money in, or to sign someone up for a direct debit (which they will get refunded since it isn't their signature).

"Please help"? In what way? I really can't believe you sent them your phone before they'd paid for it.

Edited by irenewilde

Lots of posters have said how daft it is to send an item you havent been paid for. Its true. It is daft, really daft, and im sorry its happened to you, but you have done this yourself.