Angry atheists rant thread.

Such as how the first single cell with all its components to create life was formed, and how that process began.

Which you have been told before several times has nothing to do with evolution at all.

Evolution, very roughly deals with speciation and how new species arise. It doesn't have anything to say about how life got started, that is a seperate field called abiogenesis - again this is stuff you've been told before.

Which you have been told before several times has nothing to do with evolution at all.

Evolution, very roughly deals with speciation and how new species arise. It doesn't have anything to say about how life got started, that is a seperate field called abiogenesis - again this is stuff you've been told before.

Yes, I accept that, but why then is it taught and understood by so many people to be an explanation for the origins of life, when it quite clearly isn't?

Yes, I accept that, but why then is it taught and understood by so many people to be an explanation for the origins of life, when it quite clearly isn't?

It's not taught as such and never has been.

Such as how the first single cell with all its components to create life was formed, and how that process began.

Yaweh made the Universe 13.8 Billion or so years ago, took up crochet and waited until the Earth formed 4.6 billion years ago. He knew it would. Then He waited another billion or so years before creating life, knowing that it would gradually evove in to the human species (created in His likeness) some 200,000 years ago.

That means we have been here for 0.00001% of time. The nice thing is if Jesus likes us, we get to live for eternity. We may even get to see the Sun expand and boil away our oceans if Heaven has a panoramic view. Or will the Andromeda Galaxy hit us first? Let's hope Yaweh has a trick up his sleeve .......

Evolution is about how things change,not how they start...

Maybe because a bunch of Christians have done a good job at dishonestly conflating the cosmos and abiogenesis with the theory of evolution - just like they did in that article you posted earlier.

It doesn't prove anything, but why shouldn't it have been brought up.

There have been plenty of atheist websites posted on religious topic threads that haven't proved anything, but I've viewed them out of interest, if only to get an insight into how other people think

Due to a question I was asked about whether evolution and creationism were compatible, I searched for some information and amongst the many, that website appeared.

It occurred to me that even though evolution is scientifically accepted, there remains so many mysteries about the theory that have never been fully explained.

Sorry,I just thought there was a point,that's all.

Are you looking for answers,or trying to prove your right to the atheists?

My belief is common sense.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/evolution/evolution/the_bible_is_wrong.html

But veryone has the right to believe whatever they like,even Tom Cruise and his alien religion lol.

Sorry,I just thought there was a point,that's all.

Are you looking for answers,or trying to prove your right to the atheists?

My belief is common sense.

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/evolution/evolution/the_bible_is_wrong.html

But veryone has the right to believe whatever they like,even Tom Cruise and his alien religion lol.

It depends what you mean by answers? We all have some questions that we realise can never be answered, but we accept that.

I don't generalise atheists as one group they are all different individuals the same as theists.

It would be as foolish to attempt to prove I was right about my own belief, as it would be to expect an atheist to disprove that belief.

I agree that everyone has a right to believe what they wish.

You say "your belief is common sense" I didn't know common sense was a belief.

Atheists are nice people, trying to destroy the faith that gives strength to a lot of people.

If you don't believe in any faith/God/religion then fair enough, that's your affair, but please just 'get on with it' and leave other people alone. If you have no beliefs then you have no arguments.

Atheists will soon be wandering the streets like Jehova's Witnesses, knocking on doors and offering to re-program 'believers'.

Sad really isn't it ??

It depends what you mean by answers? We all have some questions that we realise can never be answered, but we accept that.

I don't generalise atheists as one group they are all different individuals the same as theists.

It would be as foolish to attempt to prove I was right about my own belief, as it would be to expect an atheist to disprove that belief.

I agree that everyone has a right to believe what they wish.

You say "your belief is common sense" I didn't know common sense was a belief.

You wouldn't lol.

Atheists are nice people,

Yes, quite a lot of atheists, just like a lot of theists, are nice people.

trying to destroy the faith that gives strength to a lot of people.

Theists place their beliefs in the public sphere, where they usually try to recruit new members. If I'm to join their club I want to know the details and examine their claims before I consider joining their club.

Stating I'm not convinced or giving them the reasons why I don't believe their claims isn't an attempt to destroy their faith. If my not believing irks theists, or my reasoning ends in the theist recognising their beliefs are baseless - resulting in them losing their faith - then that's not my problem.

If you don't believe in any faith/God/religion then fair enough, that's your affair, but please just 'get on with it' and leave other people alone.

So atheists should leave theists alone - but it's OK for theists to not leave others alone?

I have a serious question for believers.

Would you seriously class the bible as a factual book?

Straight forward question,im just intrigued to know which category you would pick.