Angry atheists rant thread.

I'm not a believer but I am a Belieber. Does that count?

THX Janus. It's been a while since I read an opinion piece misrepresenting atheism and science. The wonderful lack of Christian integrity does wonders for the atheist cause. Well done :)

How do you feel about the Creation for Kids section?

Its a fascinating section filled with very usefull information like this.

Think about living things that fly, like birds and butterflies, and the other creatures. They are more amazing still. They can fly higher and further than any paper airplane. Also, they can maneuver more delicately. And they can make copies of themselves. Could you make any of those? No? So here’s an interesting question for you: if you couldn’t make a living flying thing, who could?

Someone had to make them, because we know things don’t make themselves. Your paper airplane had to be thought of, then designed, and then made by folding the paper the right way. It didn’t make itself, and it wasn’t an accident. I mean, if you scrunched up a piece of paper and sat on it—would that make an airplane?

Living things, like birds, are no different—the first one had to be designed (created) and made. Only after that could it reproduce and have babies of the same kind. Your paper airplane can’t make a copy of itself, can it? Neither can a jet airplane.

:hihi:

It's not a question of disagreement, it's a question of being wrong. How many times do we have to go over on this forum what atheist means?

It is simply lack of belief. Yes, SOME atheists may ALSO believe there is no god but this belief is an ADDITION to their atheism. Tarring all atheists with the same brush is wrong and serves only to forward a particular agenda.

Darwin is not some sort of atheist messiah, nor does evolution have anything to do with the cosmos, the big bang or the origin of life. NOTHING. Nor does it preclude a God. Pretending it does is plain wrong.

There is nothing in the article that hasn't been said before and hasn't been shown to be demonstrably wrong.

jb

I agree that "tarring atheists with the same brush" is wrong, they shouldn't do that, its obvious atheists have different views. But then the two speakers on the video weren't particularly complimentary towards Christians who believe in evolution, they suggested we were on the road to atheism for believing it, which is ridiculous.

if you couldn’t make a living flying thing, who could?

Someone had to make them, because we know things don’t make themselves.

So who designed the someone who made those things. All sounds a little ad-infinitum to me; turtles all the way down and all that.

I'm sure you don't assume someone had to design and build non-living things like clouds, rivers, caves, stalagmites, stalactites or hydrothermal vents; and I'm sure you don't assume someone had to design and make the dust bunnies that accumulate under your bed(You don't think someone crawls from the floorboards at night gathering all the hairs and dust into complex clumps under your bed, do you?)

If those less complex things can occur naturally, why can't life.

So whats the actual point of bringing this video up?

What does it prove?

So who designed the someone who made those things. All sounds a little ad-infinitum to me; turtles all the way down and all that.

I'm sure you don't assume someone had to design and build non-living things like clouds, rivers, caves, stalagmites, stalactites or hydrothermal vents; and I'm sure you don't assume someone had to design and make the dust bunnies that accumulate under your bed(You don't think someone crawls from the floorboards at night gathering all the hairs and dust into complex clumps under your bed, do you?)

If those less complex things can occur naturally, why can't life.

It can, I was taking the pee out of the quote from the website, hence my laughing smiley. :hihi:

So whats the actual point of bringing this video up?

What does it prove?

It doesn't prove anything, but why shouldn't it have been brought up.

There have been plenty of atheist websites posted on religious topic threads that haven't proved anything, but I've viewed them out of interest, if only to get an insight into how other people think

Due to a question I was asked about whether evolution and creationism were compatible, I searched for some information and amongst the many, that website appeared.

It occurred to me that even though evolution is scientifically accepted, there remains so many mysteries about the theory that have never been fully explained.

It doesn't prove anything, but why shouldn't it have been brought up.

There have been plenty of atheist websites posted on religious topic threads that haven't proved anything, but I've viewed them out of interest, if only to get an insight into how other people think

Due to a question I was asked about whether evolution and creationism were compatible, I searched for some information and amongst the many, that website appeared.

It occurred to me that even though evolution is scientifically accepted, there remains so many mysteries about the theory that have never been fully explained.

Such as........?

Such as........?

^ this pretty much

Such as........?
Such as how the first single cell with all its components to create life was formed, and how that process began.