Angry atheists rant thread.

Adding more information surely isn't a bump? It'd be more annoying to start a new thread on it surely?

Anyway I enjoyed reading the article, even if it was in my opinion complete cobblers.

Adding more information surely isn't a bump? It'd be more annoying to start a new thread on it surely?

Anyway I enjoyed reading the article, even if it was in my opinion complete cobblers.

When Flaming Jimmy posted all that was in Janies "bump" post was a line of dots....

When Flaming Jimmy posted all that was in Janies "bump" post was a line of dots....

True story.

Ah, I hadn't seen that, in which case apologies to Flaming Jimmy

It's generally considered bad form (and against forum rules) to bump your own threads.

I'm guessing she's quite angry about atheists and wanted to rant, so quite relevant really.

Editing to add a link to the Creation Ministries website is a bit desperate though.

The article was interesting. But ultimately a load of nonsense.

The article was a tired old rehash of all the usual nonsense. It can't even correctly define atheism and shows zero understanding of evolution.

Why-o-why Janie did you feel the need to share such drivel with the world?

jb

Just been reading this, thought it was quite interesting.

http://creation.com/atheism-a-religion

I got this far.

Atheism is also taught to children in many schools in science classes as evolution. As atheistic philosopher Michael Ruse admits, “evolution is a religion”, and it could be considered the narrative dimension of Atheism. Thus teaching evolution is teaching Atheism. Several Atheists even support teaching lies, as long as the end result is more children believing evolution.

Which is clearly nonsense because many religious people believe in God and evolution.

It's generally considered bad form (and against forum rules) to bump your own threads.
I wasn't aware of that, but thanks to your intervention, I know that now, don't I.

As it happens the thread showed up on the search facility, when i was looking for some information. I've had a lot of time on my hands today, but didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread.

The article was a tired old rehash of all the usual nonsense. It can't even correctly define atheism and shows zero understanding of evolution.

Why-o-why Janie did you feel the need to share such drivel with the world?

jb

Why shouldn't views you disagree with not be be shared. I don't mind hearing opposite opinions (as expressed by the speakers on the video) that's why I found it interesting.

Which is clearly nonsense because many religious people believe in God and evolution.

I know they do.

---------- Post added 14-11-2013 at 15:04 ----------

Yes, I realised I had copied the wrong link at first. Edited by janie48

I wasn't aware of that, but thanks to you intervention, I know that now, don't I.

As it happens the thread showed up on the search facility, when i was looking for some information. I've had a lot of time on my hands today, but didn't think it was necessary to start a new thread.

Why shouldn't views you disagree with not be be shared. I don't mind hearing opposite opinions (as expressed by the speakers on the video) that's why I found it interesting.

I know they do.

It's not a question of disagreement, it's a question of being wrong. How many times do we have to go over on this forum what atheist means?

It is simply lack of belief. Yes, SOME atheists may ALSO believe there is no god but this belief is an ADDITION to their atheism. Tarring all atheists with the same brush is wrong and serves only to forward a particular agenda.

Darwin is not some sort of atheist messiah, nor does evolution have anything to do with the cosmos, the big bang or the origin of life. NOTHING. Nor does it preclude a God. Pretending it does is plain wrong.

There is nothing in the article that hasn't been said before and hasn't been shown to be demonstrably wrong.

jb