Memories of Pitsmoor

Hi all, new to Sheffield Forum. Came across this this thread and read all the posts. It brought back a lot of good memories as i was brought up in pitsmoor in the 60s. I remember all the shops mentioned and the White House Chippie. My friend Wendy Nightingale parents owned it. I lived on Nottingham St facing the old police box and few yards from the co-op with my 3 brothers Paul, Kevin and Gary and my sister Denise. Kids we used to go about with were, Kevin, Paul and Sylvia Burns, Steve and Trevor Ellis, Joan and Jackie Shepherd Roger Froggart, Robin Crow, Steve Broadhust, Marie Staff. Susan Fitton and many others. More or less we all went to Pye Bank School and Burngreave School. Many great times i had at Pitsmoor. Havnt been there in years, has it changed much?

HI,

Where exactly did you live on Nottingham Street? My Grandparents live at No.72 (corner of Monfort Street) from about 1930 until the mid 1950's.

The policemen at the box used to come to the house to make their tea and sometimes warm up food.

All a long time ago.

Regards

HI,

Where exactly did you live on Nottingham Street? My Grandparents live at No.72 (corner of Monfort Street) from about 1930 until the mid 1950's.

The policemen at the box used to come to the house to make their tea and sometimes warm up food.

All a long time ago.

Regards

No 74 next door. i remember 72 was a big house and at that time a family named Froggarts had it.

Yes if the Albion was on the corner of Verdon St.

Got my wires crossed, i think the chippie was on Montfort St./Rd the pub was called Bowling Tavern. there was also a catholic school on the same side. Pease tell me im right.

HI,

All a long time ago.

Regards

No 74 next door. i remember 72 was a big house and at that time a family named Froggarts had it.

Got my wires crossed, i think the chippie was on Montfort St./Rd the pub was called Bowling Tavern. there was also a catholic school on the same side. Pease tell me im right.

Yes that sounds right to me.

Hi,

I remember a family called Bolsover(?) lived in the next yard (No.74 or 76) up the street but it might be before your time.

Regards

There was a chippy at the corner of Montfort Street. and Verdon Street. Is it possible that this was run by Bernard Greaves' Mum and Dad?

There was another on the corner of Montfort Street and Bramber Streets, across from the old St. Catherines School. When I was kid, it was always called Sparks. The man had one of the very old three-wheel car. I think it was a Morgan (one wheel at the back) with the JAP engine.

Regards

I used to go to school with roger froggart. he was in the star about a year ago about a haunted pub he runs (trever hasn't changed a bit lynn.55)

Hi,

I remember a family called Bolsover(?) lived in the next yard (No.74 or 76) up the street but it might be before your time.

Regards

I know there was Mr and Mrs Legdon live at no 76, they were an old couple who had lived there for many years. Bolsover does ring a bell, think they lived across the road.

I used to go to school with roger froggart. he was in the star about a year ago about a haunted pub he runs (trever hasn't changed a bit lynn.55)

Seems to me he hasnt changed about united either, they were kids gang wars about who supported who and he was the ring leader.

Yes that sounds right to me.

Shaun dont i know you.

can any one remember the chippy on the corner of pitsmoor rd & rutland rd , called "Berts" it's where the probation office's stand now on the traffic lights ?