Memories of Pitsmoor

I wonder if my dad knew your dad. MY dad (jim goddard) and lol was always messing about with thier cars in the old tin garages on grimesthorpe rd. I also went to all saints left there in about 1970-71.(i'm 47) went on to earl marshell.

I was at All Saints and Earl Marshall too for those years - popular place!

HI shelby, what year did you leave? I left in 1976. maybe you was in our year Mrs smith was our year tutor.

HI shelby, what year did you leave? I left in 1976. maybe you was in our year Mrs smith was our year tutor.

Hi, I left in 75 but I knew people in your year and the one above me. 76 - the red hot summer and awful winter!!

I've been trying to remember all the shops and the owners in the Woodside area of Pitsmoor, late 40's. I've managed a few, I think.

Fowler Street, starting from the bottom, right hand side, Blaydons, grocer. Kramer, butcher. Tesh, grocer, corner of little Hayward Road, opposite corner, Stevens, butchers.

Top of Fowler two shops, one a greengrocers, can't remember what the other was, just below the Bridgefield.

From top of Hayward Road/Pitsmoor Road, Halls, greengrocer/general store. Opposite corner Broomhead, chip shop.

Woodside Lane, grocers/general opposite bottom of Wood Fold, can't remember name.

Fox's, right hand side, general store, left hand side Brammers, greengrocer. Martin's, newsagent, right hand side. Garson, general store, opposite top Rugby St.

Under bridge at the bottom of Woodside Lane, Scott, tobacconist. Opposite, Beldon's cycle shop. Next door Truman's, you name it, they've got it.

Sweetshop in Rutland Rd next to Stanley Works, dont remember their name.

Did I miss any?

I've been trying to remember all the shops and the owners in the Woodside area of Pitsmoor, late 40's. I've managed a few, I think.

Fowler Street, starting from the bottom, right hand side, Blaydons, grocer. Kramer, butcher. Tesh, grocer, corner of little Hayward Road, opposite corner, Stevens, butchers.

Top of Fowler two shops, one a greengrocers, can't remember what the other was, just below the Bridgefield.

From top of Hayward Road/Pitsmoor Road, Halls, greengrocer/general store. Opposite corner Broomhead, chip shop.

Woodside Lane, grocers/general opposite bottom of Wood Fold, can't remember name.

Fox's, right hand side, general store, left hand side Brammers, greengrocer. Martin's, newsagent, right hand side. Garson, general store, opposite top Rugby St.

Under bridge at the bottom of Woodside Lane, Scott, tobacconist. Opposite, Beldon's cycle shop. Next door Truman's, you name it, they've got it.

Sweetshop in Rutland Rd next to Stanley Works, dont remember their name.

Did I miss any?

I was born on Fowler Street, do you remember my Grandmother Polly Corbridge.

ho k lett u hoff

wots rong wi herries erp :help:

I was born on Fowler Street, do you remember my Grandmother Polly Corbridge.

Maybe folks will remember our granddad James Corbridge i have very little recollection of him , But have fond memories of our gran Polly never a day went by without she called to all our homes

to see if we was all ok top lady :thumbsup:

Actually Paul I have to say no, I dont remember the name Corbridge. Did she live at the top end or below Hayward Road? I dont remember many names from the bottom end, Reginald St, Marshall St perhaps, a few.

Well I was a baby there so I'm not sure, maybe Swervin can enlighten but we did spend time on Grove Street to, I think it was yard 5.

Hi Ash,

My nan and her sister used to live on there, and my dad and his brother. I remember her house had a back yard and outside toilets, they were lovely, big houses too on Fox Street, big cobbled hill, until they tarmacced it!

lisalee

my mum and her family were from Pitsmoor does anyone remember Mary kitson, her sister elsie and brother Bill (William). Her mum was called Violet. she was born 1926