Memories of Pitsmoor

Hello Ash.

Years ago when I was a nipper I seem to remember visiting the house at top left hand corner as you look up the hill. If memory serves me well it was a large house with a snooker table in one of the rooms, and I am sure it was occupied by someone called Newbold? I could be wrong of course, maybe someone on this forum will be able to put things right.

Hello Ash.

Years ago when I was a nipper I seem to remember visiting the house at top left hand corner as you look up the hill. If memory serves me well it was a large house with a snooker table in one of the rooms, and I am sure it was occupied by someone called Newbold? I could be wrong of course, maybe someone on this forum will be able to put things right.

Hi Pitsmoor Boy

I think you are right I remember the name Newbold. Before them tho' I think it was a family called Sharman ? There was an iron gate to the house on Fox Hill, but the rear entrance was on Fox Street. I don't know if the postal address was Fox Hill or Fox Street ?

Capricorn.

Capricorn-11

It was Eric Newbold that lived in the house, opposite the Bramhall family thatlived next to the old "castle"

Well what a find!!!!

I am researching my family and have just found this site.

I was born in the Merry Heart pub in 1948, at that time my grand parents John and Lillian Wilson owned the pub. I can remember that they were very friendly with Lil Marshall, who I think was a local shopkeeper. Can any one add to this.

:help:

Well what a find!!!!

I was born in the Merry Heart pub in 1948, at that time my grand parents John and Lillian Wilson owned the pub. I can remember that they were very friendly with Lil Marshall, who I think was a local shopkeeper. Can any one add to this.

Two Marshall's listed on Brunswick Road 1948

17 Chas-labourer-next to Whitby & Chandler's

59 Mrs Emma-corner of Nottingham Street

110 Merry Heart Hotel Jn. Wm. Wilson.

There are court houses but residents not listed.

Hi Any of you pitsmoor lads and lasses ever live on "Clun Road?:)

Well what a find!!!!

Hi. cobbie. I used to live on Brunswick Rd. in the 50's No. 104. I remember Lil Marshall she had a shop on Spital St. before she took the Merry Heart. My parents were regulars at the pub as were many of the locals. My dad used to keep his car in the pub yard especialy when it needed repairs.

I remember the catholic church on Burngreave Road

Dr Leddy

and the Old police station that was converted into two flats which we lived in whch went on to be bedsits and some sort of community centre now. all on Burngreave road.

I remember the catholic church on Burngreave Road

Dr Leddy

and the Old police station that was converted into two flats which we lived in whch went on to be bedsits and some sort of community centre now. all on Burngreave road.

Did you live there the same time as Stan and Fay.

Hi. cobbie. I used to live on Brunswick Rd. in the 50's No. 104. I remember Lil Marshall she had a shop on Spital St. before she took the Merry Heart. My parents were regulars at the pub as were many of the locals. My dad used to keep his car in the pub yard especialy when it needed repairs.

Hi Pitsmoorboy,

I can remember the yard at the Merry Heart,I was looking at photos of my sisters and brother taken in the yard we are all sat on bar stools. I use to live in Handley Street up until 1954, my parent are Jack and Mary Wilson. Dad was away most of the time in the army, Mom use to help out behind the bar. Last time I saw Lil Marshall was at Dad's funeral about 9 years ago. When Lil took over the Merry Heart, my Nan and Grandad moved to the Newfield Inn in Heeley.

Hello cobbie.

We lived on Handley St. from around 1956 to aprox 1963. When they were pulling all the old houses down. I can still remember the Merry Heart yard, with the stable to your Left as you entered the yard. I can never remember seeing a horse horse in there, but there was always some horse tackle hung up.