Memories of Pitsmoor

PM for you lazyherb.

Anybody knowwhat happened to the oliver family? they lived on grimesthorpe rd just up from tea gardens but on opposite side.

Hello rustybum,

I am just wondering if the Oliver family you refer to were Burmese as my father had friends of that name.

Cheers.

yes they are burmese. from what i can remember there was Chris, dean, Gordon, Carol, Linda, and my mate warren (whose real first name was james). I know thier dad's name was Lol ( i believe it was short for lawrence) but i can't remember mam's name. Have'nt seen any of them for years, the last i saw of warren he was working at harringtons, but somebody told me he is now a teacher. I lived on the same block of terraced houses as them in the 60's & 70's.(grimesthorpe rd)

yes they are burmese. from what i can remember there was Chris, dean, Gordon, Carol, Linda, and my mate warren (whose real first name was james). I know thier dad's name was Lol ( i believe it was short for lawrence) but i can't remember mam's name. Have'nt seen any of them for years, the last i saw of warren he was working at harringtons, but somebody told me he is now a teacher. I lived on the same block of terraced houses as them in the 60's & 70's.(grimesthorpe rd)

Rustybum,

I remember Dean & Chris, Me and my brother Steve lived on Edgar Street and we went to All Saints School but it was my father Charlie who visited the Olivers because he was an old mate of Lawrence ( they were in the army together fighting the Japs in Burma & India).

Cheers

Hi my Mum lived on Edgar Street when she was a child, does anyone remember her, she was called Joan Archer then, and had quite a big family, Len Les and Syd to name a few. Dont think Edgar street is still there is it?

Edgar Street was demolished about 1975 it is some sort of grassed play area now although I've never seen any kids playing on it!

I wonder if my dad knew your dad. MY dad (jim goddard) and lol was always messing about with thier cars in the old tin garages on grimesthorpe rd. I also went to all saints left there in about 1970-71.(i'm 47) went on to earl marshell.

Hey Mr 66, you reach that big 5 0 before me:hihi: By the way you don't spell liar with a e, have you been on the source?

Hey Mr 66, you reach that big 5 0 before me:hihi: By the way you don't spell liar with a e, have you been on the source?

no he went to herries.

rusty have u tride finding these keys after a gallon

Don' give me that i believe bladebloke, look how you've spelt tried:huh: