Farm / barn wedding

Hi we've just got engaged and are looking for tr a wedding venue for 2014 we want somewhere quite laid back with lovely countryside views. Idealmewe that is licenised for ceremonies. Areas around sheffields, peaks , Barnsley would be ideal any suggestion

I performed at a wedding at Townfield Barn:

http://www.peakfarmholidays.co.uk/townfield_barn.htm

It actually says on their websites they aren't licensed, though the wedding I was at had the couple signing what I thought was a register. It was a great little venue - maybe give them a call about the registry thing?

Whirlow Hall Farm, without a doubt.

I performed at a wedding at Townfield Barn:

http://www.peakfarmholidays.co.uk/townfield_barn.htm

It actually says on their websites they aren't licensed, though the wedding I was at had the couple signing what I thought was a register. It was a great little venue - maybe give them a call about the registry thing?

It could well have been a humanist ceremony rather than a legally binding one. All you have to do is to nip down to the town hall to do the legal bit and then have whatever you want as your humanist ceremony and shindig.

It could well have been a humanist ceremony rather than a legally binding one. All you have to do is to nip down to the town hall to do the legal bit and then have whatever you want as your humanist ceremony and shindig.

Friends of mine did that - it was really nice!

We got married at Townfield Barn last year, it was such a perfect location - there are pics here http://bettyjoy.blogspot.co.uk/2011/07/wedding-belles.html of the venue etc (we ended up having the ceremony at Hathersage church as it was so pretty and because of the licence issue but we did think about doing the registry office bit and then having a ceremony at the barn.

Was brought up in Grenoside and I can't think of anywhere, sorry!

Our daughter got married in Penistone church last year and we hired Langsett Barn for the venue.

It was just about as perfect as it could get. The barn is split into two with a corridor between the two rooms.

One room seated about 40 for a "high tea" and in the other room we had a live group and we also catered for our own "bar". Because the booze was free we didn't need a licence.

Everything was diy.......I even made my very first wedding cake and was so relieved when it turned out well. A mahoosive 3 tier effort. The bottom two tiers were fruit and the top was chocolate mudpie.

They married on October 1st and not only was it the hottest October 1st on record but it was also the hottest October day this century.

We were able to have the massive and ancient barn doors open and given that the barn is close to the reservoir I don't think one could wish for a better setting.

I would definately recommend it anyhow. :)

Cubley Hall, Is where i'm getting married x

We looked at Townfield Barn but after hiring everything we would need (there is no running water so we would need portaloos and everything) we decided it was a no no.

Depending on your budget Whirlow Hall Farm is lovely but v. pricey.

We found Cubley Hall and are getting married there. It is gorgeous and very reasonable. The website doesn't do it justice!!

Lucy

Awww Lucy when do you get married? I get married there next year :-) x