Danville St Brightside

Hi could anyone help me please ??? Im trying to get a better picture of how my Great Grandad life was like while living on Danville street. What sort off area was it ?? Was it a good or bad place to live?? Also what sort of work was avalible Etc . Also i tryed to find old pictures and a street map but im having no luck with this would really love to see the street. Thanks

Oh right well im just going off the 1901 census that i have and it states Brightside but thanks anyway.Do you know if i can get pictures off this street.

Danville Street is in the top left hand corner of this map.

As you can see the housing was mostly back to back.

Danville Street is in the top left hand corner of this map.

As you can see the housing was mostly back to back.

i klicked onto your link and it took over my browser.i.e. conduit .com. now it comes up as my browser.:mad:

i klicked onto your link and it took over my browser.i.e. conduit .com. now it comes up as my browser.:mad:

I don't see why it should do that, it's a link to a web page of the Sheffield History forum. It works ok when I click on to it. Sorry you've had a problem.

Yes im also having problems to with that link. I will try again later thanks alot i just hope i get to see the image.

Yes im also having problems to with that link. I will try again later thanks alot i just hope i get to see the image.

I think you will have to register with the Sheffield History forum.

Thankyou very much Jim ive manage to sort the link out and i now have view off the map.

i was born on danville st it ran from grimesthorpe rd up to the big gates of burngreave school,it then changed to about 40 foot of grass then dropped down the big hill to burngreave cemetary gates on melrose rd

My GGrandfather was a police officer living at the station at 50 Danville St in the late 1880s. Does anyone know where records are available on what he might have done?