Looking for old Woodhouse Grammar school pupils 1958-1963

I was at WGS 1957 - 59, previously at Stradbroke Junior School. Parents moved from Stradbroke to Lincolnshire so I moved to City School Lincoln in June 1959.

A group of ex - Stradbroke Juniors travelled by bike to WGS as no direct bus & we didnt qualify for school bus due to living less than 3 miles from WGS.  In the bike group: Michael Brookfield who lived nearly next door to Junior school, an avid "Blades" supporter, joined police  & became a high - ranking officer, last saw him on TV in 1984-85 being interviewed during miners strike. In the mid 1990's During a conversation with a police detective at a business I managed at Chesterfield, he mentioned Mick & said he had got a kennels / cattery at Clowne as he was retiring from Police. Michael Butler, lived in pre-fab on Stradbroke Road. Geoffrey Lomas who lived near me. I think quite a few on train from Kiveton incl. some who lived at Anston. Howard Morgan, (I think his dad was manager at Dinnington pit), Victor Lerigo, a big lad, I think family had horses. Robin Banks (known as "How to get rich by"). Several green buses covered Catcliffe, Brinsworth, Treeton, Aston area, Graham Daughtrey, Maurice Baker, David Allsop Sam Parkin, Terence Meredith, Arnold Dennis, I think his dad had a bookies shop at the top of Fence Hill. Ian Brook (bumped into him when he delivered a few hundred gallons of fuel oil by tanker to a motor trade premises I managed at Bawtry, he nearly fell over when I said - Is your name etc etc). Geoff Guest from Harthill. David Pemberton, I think his family had a shop at Orgreave. Stephen Milner from Handsworth, I think his family had a plumbing business just off the main road at Handsworth Top. 

I remember most of the teachers quoted in previous posts, was there also a Mr Wood or Woods, possibly deputy head

For Victor Hutchinson (above) I remember Norman Adsetts from Swallownest, his family had a shop at the junction / crossroads, I think he was a year or so higher than me but can't remember how I knew him.

For Grovey, I think we were in the same year. The names Margaret Alton & Elaine Scafe ring bells but I can't picture them. You will no doubt remember the names I quoted above.  I can't sus your id though.

For Jackie Sewel, I remember you as Floyd, then when you reminded me of Steve Parker, it clicked.

One of the lasting memories of WGS was the location of the Midland Mainline railway across the road. I wasn't a trainspotter when I started there but I was when I left, the Art classroom windows on the roadside upper floor was the best place to spot!

Best Wishes to everyone.