Southampton v Owls.

I think we will get bashed in all honesty, Southampton are a dangerous side on there own patch against the likes of us the way we have gone about our business in recent week's...

i cant see us winning but you never know. if the defence can perform like they did against fulham we have a chance. i would like to see mayor given a chance and he needs to find a settled defence, not sure yet what the best is though

My first away game of the season, anyone been before? Is best route M1, M25 then down or M1 then A34 at Northampton and straight down?

My first away game of the season, anyone been before? Is best route M1, M25 then down or M1 then A34 at Northampton and straight down?

Definitely the A43 towards Oxford scooby mate, avoid M25 at all costs can take forever. Dependent on who your going with around the ground itself is a bit bleak on the boozer / food front so you might want to stop off on the way down and parking is an absolute nightmare and the place gets gridlocked so might be worth parking further out and walking in to Southampton as it can take 45 minutes to get away from the ground.

Take my hat off to you mate travelling down there mid week,hope its worth it for you.

Dunno why, but i get a sneaky feeling you guys might pull something off tonight...Good luck if your travelling down...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree with Gazza good on ya Scoobs m8...

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Southampton did the double over Sheffield Wednesday during the 2010-11 season. The first of those games in League One was exactly two years ago as the Saints triumphed 1-0 at Hillsborough.

Sheffield Wednesday have not won on their last eight league and cup trips to Southampton, including all five visits to St Mary's since Southampton moved there in 2005.

Southampton

The last time Saints were a Premier League side, during the 2004-05 campaign, they were knocked out by Championship side Watford.

Southampton are looking to reach the fourth round for the second-successive season, having failed to reach that stage in each of the previous six campaigns.

Sheffield Wednesday

It's 21 years since Wednesday won the League Cup for the one and only time in their history, beating Manchester United 1-0 in the final.

The Owls are making their first appearance in the third round for five seasons. They have not progressed through to the last 16 since they reached the semi-finals during the 2001/02 campaign.

Good and interesting stats above fellas.

Anyhow corker, what this about Corker jnr and forest matey? Sounds exciting for you fella?

Good and interesting stats above fellas.

Anyhow corker, what this about Corker jnr and forest matey? Sounds exciting for you fella?

One of my m8's lad's plays for them fella, gonna see how he's going at end of season and see If he can get a little trial with them.

Been in touch with a few club's recently (including the Blades :help: ), he's got some real talent for a 9 year old and has the size to do well.

Feet on the ground at moment though, just letting him enjoy his football at Charnock at he as he enjoys it there...

He's actually just gone to Whitby for 4 day's today lol...

One of my m8's lad's plays for them fella, gonna see how he's going at end of season and see If he can get a little trial with them.

Been in touch with a few club's recently (including the Blades :help: ), he's got some real talent for a 9 year old and has the size to do well.

Feet on the ground at moment though, just letting him enjoy his football at Charnock at he as he enjoys it there...

Can't disagree with that especially the bit about enjoying footy

I have a friend who's one of yours and his son was the same he was offered a trial at us and he wouldn't let the lad go that IMHO is spiting the lad because its us

I don't actually see much of them because from about 5 YO he had the lad calling us pigs grunters filth scum ect that's not a 5yo talking its the idiot of a father

Hat off to you mate and to your lad of course.

Gone are the days where your scouts would be down at the Sunday league games keeping an eye on the young uns which is a massive shame because the local clubs are missing out on some great young talent. Do they even have feeder clubs in the local leagues any more?

Good on you for letting him enjoy it and I really hope it pays off for you mate. Fingers cross for you!

Can't disagree with that especially the bit about enjoying footy

I have a friend who's one of yours and his son was the same he was offered a trial at us and he wouldn't let the lad go that IMHO is spiting the lad because its us

I don't actually see much of them because from about 5 YO he had the lad calling us pigs grunters filth scum ect that's not a 5yo talking its the idiot of a father

Nah I've learnt my lad to be like me, open minded in football, and in life in general.

We often listen to United on the radio if Wednesday arnt playing.

Wednesday till I die, but always have one ear open for you lot.