Pre-pay gas and leccy meters: Do you ever get a statement?

It seems you were told wrong.

Is that so. Well a Guy I know is puting on his meter £25 a month for electric I pay £13 a month hmm I wounder who paying less. Wink ;)

Is that so. Well a Guy I know is puting on his meter £25 a month for electric I pay £13 a month hmm I wounder who paying less. Wink ;)

It's irrelevant the cost. maybe he's using simply more leccy than you?...You can't possibly be using exactly the same! :loopy:

maybe the one paying less is using half as much

What a stupid comparison

Im enjoying savings so I dont care wink

I inherited a PAYG gas meter and I'm currently paying £40 a month to have hot water twice a day (an enormous tank). The boiler has a fault and is also heating the cellar radiator (which we can't seem to turn off). So seems much more expensive than our old combi-boiler.

But I don't think it's the meter- we were also told that unit price is the same, but where we are losing out is the 'direct debit discount' which despite having gas & electric with same provider, because gas is on a meter we loose out.

We will get it changed eventually.