Extensive power cuts across the city and suburbs

I work in Sheffield 2 and we've just had a power outage for around 10 minutes. How widespread was the issue? Any one got any idea of cause?

I work at bottom of Eccy Road. Power has been off for last 20mins.

That explains why one of our internet connections is not back up then! Is the city centre offline too?

http://www.northernpowergrid.com/page/serviceinterruptions.cfm

There are currently 190 known power cuts in S2. Please bear with us whilst we plot them, or alternatively you can search again using a full postcode

There are currently 89 known power cuts in S1. Please bear with us whilst we plot them, or alternatively you can search again using a full postcode.

I did notice this morning that work was being on one of the substations heading out past Atlas. I wonder if something has popped somewhere.

looks like some sort of power cut on hte Moor , any one know whats happening ?? :gag:

Massive cuts throughout S1 and S2 - seems to be everything from top of Moor up to Heeley!!!

It's also widespread into Exeter/Broomhall estate and up the dual carriageway on town side as well. That's partly S3 (37 outages) and partly S10 (says only 3 outages but likely to be much more).

Seems to a rather a major problem

Thousands of homes have been affected by a massive power cut following a fire at an electricity substation in the city centre.

Areas affected by the power cuts so far include parts of S1, S2, S7, S8, S10 and S11 and S25.