Opening a sandwich shop in parsons cross ideas for what the public want

need help on idea of what the public want. It would be much appreiciated

any ideas welcome

I have a helicopter, otherwise known as the 'Alcocopter', which has been specially converted for sandwich delivery in the Parsonian area (as shown in operation here)

The sandwich delivery system (SDS), can handle both Marmite and cheese+pickle, and by virtue of the clever 'Spacehook' (SH), can safely lower a fully laden round of sandwiches from an altitude of upto thirty six foot three inches!

If you'd be interested in my services, I can be contacted at the address shown on the left.

Good parking and decent prices and you cant go wrong.

If you've already signed a lease then you should have made this clear in your first post. There are a few similar posts to this that occur on a regular basis and that turn out to be just 'fantasies'. People spend time trying to give advice and it turns out to be a waste of time - hence the initial reactions you received.

Having said that, I would have thought that you would have found out what the public wanted first before signing a lease? :huh:

we have got ideas oviously she has a business plan this is the last bit of market research we got to do i have asked for advice and 2 people have replied with answers that have being took onboard i would like more ideas its not an idea it will be open 26th of octorber

Will you be offering crisps, snacks etc? What about doing meal deals?

I wouldn't bother doing anything fancy but I would have a range that are pre-made and wrapped ready to go for those in a hurry along with those you make from scratch.

You could also offer a delivery service for orders over x amount. I know of a couple of places that will ring through a lunch order for staff and get it delivered.

If your aiming at the cross I would look at breakfast type sandwich's don't skimp on the food maybe a standard and large size. If theres parking thats a good bonus. Maybe look at hot pork sandwich's. Personally when Im out I don't like waiting too long for a sandwich as is with most works. Aboards and outside menus do work well. I wish you well with your venture and good for you for starting your own Business.:)

Hey can I put forward a name for the business

The Parson Palate

Now that is a winner.

we have got ideas oviously she has a business plan this is the last bit of market research we got to do i have asked for advice and 2 people have replied with answers that have being took onboard i would like more ideas its not an idea it will be open 26th of octorber

Well I'm pleased to hear that you seem to know what you are doing - it certainly makes a refreshing change to the usual requests for advice on here.

The best market research you will receive will be from the locals once you are open. Try to keep your ideas flexible up to that point - don't assume that people will want something until there is a proven demand.

Having previously worked in a sandwich shop, I'm sure your Mum knows all about ordering, costing and profit mark-ups etc. It's probably just a bit of confidence she needs now she is working for herself - that's where you can help!

Good luck

:thumbsup:

As a consumer, I'd say best quality and low price. (It's a Yorkshire thing)

It's always going to be a tradeoff, but if someone askes for "well done" bacon/egg etc, make sure it's how they want it, not how you think they want it.

That throws customer service into the mix, but it makes all the difference!

My advice would be to start up with the popular hot butties (sausage, bacon, roast pork) & cold salad sandwiches, ham etc then maybe have a sandwich of the week that could be something a little more extravagant then if its popular you can add it to your list of regular sandwiches that way you can keep those happy that just like their BEST but also satisfy anyone who likes something a little different.

Will you be offering crisps, snacks etc? What about doing meal deals?

I wouldn't bother doing anything fancy but I would have a range that are pre-made and wrapped ready to go for those in a hurry along with those you make from scratch.

You could also offer a delivery service for orders over x amount. I know of a couple of places that will ring through a lunch order for staff and get it delivered.

Hi yes took all your ideas on board and we will be doing meal deals snacks crisp buns ect thanks for your time much appreciated

If your aiming at the cross I would look at breakfast type sandwich's don't skimp on the food maybe a standard and large size. If theres parking thats a good bonus. Maybe look at hot pork sandwich's. Personally when Im out I don't like waiting too long for a sandwich as is with most works. Aboards and outside menus do work well. I wish you well with your venture and good for you for starting your own Business.:)

Hi thanks for your reply every idea is took on board thanks for your time all good ideas from everyone much appreciated

Well I'm pleased to hear that you seem to know what you are doing - it certainly makes a refreshing change to the usual requests for advice on here.

The best market research you will receive will be from the locals once you are open. Try to keep your ideas flexible up to that point - don't assume that people will want something until there is a proven demand.

Having previously worked in a sandwich shop, I'm sure your Mum knows all about ordering, costing and profit mark-ups etc. It's probably just a bit of confidence she needs now she is working for herself - that's where you can help!

Good luck

:thumbsup:

thanks for your time much appreciated all good comments