Opening a sandwich shop in parsons cross ideas for what the public want

The hot "daily specials" are always a winner. Meat and potato pie, hot beef sandwich and roasties etc. There are a lot of workmen round Parson Cross and soon to be more when they start rebuild and winters on its way xx good luck xx

I have a helicopter, otherwise known as the 'Alcocopter', which has been specially converted for sandwich delivery in the Parsonian area (as shown in operation here)

The sandwich delivery system (SDS), can handle both Marmite and cheese+pickle, and by virtue of the clever 'Spacehook' (SH), can safely lower a fully laden round of sandwiches from an altitude of upto thirty six foot three inches!

If you'd be interested in my services, I can be contacted at the address shown on the left.

Can I have an egg mayo - salad - no onion please? Do you deliver to Shiregreen?

Definately hot roast pork, stuffing, crackling & apple sauce. I had a sandwich shop a few years ago and got brined horseshoe gammon joints from Talbot's butchers in Hillsborough. On day one of opening I just managed to use one joint. A week later I was getting through 2 joints a day between 11am & 1pm. The hot roast pork was our signature dish. If you contact Coca Cola they will give you a chiller cabinet, subject to T&C's, for free. Good luck.

Big thumbs up for the hot roast sandwiches, after living here for a few months i haven't come across a nice hot pork sandwich. I think a nice idea as well would be a selection of kiddies sandwiches, i dont really come across sandwich shops doing kids sandwiches on white sliced bread with a selection of fun shaped meat or simple fillings to suit kids palates, it all tends to be on chunky breadcakes with really rich meat, my little girl gets full on the breadcake before she even finds the meat and if she does find the meat she doesn't like it cause its too rich for her. Delivery would also be a great idea for those who can't get out or who are mega busy.

the simplest thing that i heard in a butty shop lately was also the one that made me want to go back.

i ordered a bacon butty.

was asked smoked or non smoked.

nice simple question. but showed they cared about making my butty the one i wanted.

this research is for my mum she has worked in the sandwich shop and has decided to open one herself the sandwich shop she used to work in shut down but the landlord wants my mum to run it cause she makes a good sandwich but would like ideas to make a successful business

beef , pork, lamb, you could do mini sunday dinners in those takaway trays or a sunday dinner with all the trimmings. (dosnt have to be a sunday for sunday dinner) it all depends on if your open at dinner time.

i know id like to be able to buy a proper meal on those days i havnt got the time to cook rather than pizza or currys n Chinese,

it was somthing i looked in to a few years ago (but fell out with my business partner) and got good feed back from research we had done

good luck in what ever you decide to do

to many ppl are quick to put anyone from cross down when they try to pull themselves up

Edited by freeman78
quoted the wrong post

need help on idea of what the public want. It would be much appreiciated

any ideas welcome

o.h. , how about--cold--beef,ham, ckicken or turkey,. hot pork and stuffing, bacon + egg, sausage. crisps and snacks and dont forget the coke and other soft drinks. also how far are you from workshops, offices ect. maybe delivery? and how close to local schools?

I always judge a sandwich shop by the quality of the condiments on offer, if they're prepared to spend a few extra bob to provide H.P Sauce and Heinz tomato ketchup you can bet the food will be of a good standard, there's nothing worse than thin, vinigary, cash'n'carry stuff in big mucky bottles!

Is there 'passing' trade in the form of a busy road, or bus stops, is it near any factories or workshops?

Hot roast pork is always a winner, just the smell of it, in passing is enough to make me feel like one, even if I'v just eaten!!!....But don't skimp on the pork!!!..nothing worse than one of those with hardly any pork in it. Don't forget, first impressions are the one that sticks in peoples minds. If it's a really good portion with no skimping, everyone tells their friends about, it, but if it's naff, they won't come again and also tell their friends!

There's a sandwich shop locally to where I work, and they do salad boxes with either chicken or ham, and the box is a good quality sealable one, and you also get a buttered bread cake to go with it for £1.50. Whenever someone from work goes there, I always order one of those.

Then of course there's the breakfast trade. Try to get regular orders from shops, offices, building sites or factories, even if you have to deliver. It's your bread and butter (pardon the pun).

Good luck with it!!!!!!!!

You need something that makes you different to every other sandwhich shop as there are quite a few around that area. I agree completely about not scrimping on sauces. What would coax me in would be homemade deserts, homemade breads.

Fresh ingredients. Maybe something for the health fanatics like a freshly made fruit salad mmmm.

One of my big hates with traditional sarni shops is cheap tat sausages and bacon with lots of fat.

As already stated, good quality food, well cooked with a pleasant service, a nice smile an a 'hey up pal be with ya asap' if ya busy, try homemade specials and never put a bad sandwich out, And have a sign saying if we don't have what you want, let us know, that way you'll know if your falling short anywhere.

Like i said before...NEVER put a bad sandwich out.

Let us know when and where your open, i'll give it a whirl.

God luck butty man.