Where to buy truffles in/around Sheffield?

Oh ... I see. You're joking on my thread?

Well, let me tell you, young lady ... there's a time and a place for jolly badinage and this isn't it! :rolleyes:

Tell us where the truffles are or there'll be ... trouble!

Sorry, Alco, for the joking,but the first half of my post is true. A pig would be of enormous help to you.

Sorry, Alco, for the joking,but the first half of my post is true. A pig would be of enormous help to you.

I can't really see the advantage of dragging a pig round Derbyshire, whilst you're furtively looking for truffles on someone elses land, can you?

To any fairly astute shotgun-toting farmer (rightfully protecting their property), the lowering of a squealing pig (by skyhook) from a bright yellow helicopter is a bit of an obvious giveaway as to the trespassers intentions! :rolleyes:

Although British truffles only fetch £130 per kilo (as opposed to Italian truffles at £2000 per kilo), it still represents quite a lot of red diesel for the farmers tractor, so he's hardly gonna be giving 'em away is he? :huh:

I also noted with interest, the programme I was watching the other day about truffle hunting in Derbyshire, there was a complete presence of no pigs (or no hounds, before you start), indicating to me that they're completely unnecessary! :)

I was given some black truffle in olive oil.

It tasted disgusting a spoil of good olive oil.

They're for sale online when in season, which is around now. I've considered buying a small white truffle just for the experience, but they're incredibly expensive and I suspect I'm one of those people incapable of tasting them.

Guest sibon
They're for sale online when in season, which is around now. I've considered buying a small white truffle just for the experience, but they're incredibly expensive and I suspect I'm one of those people incapable of tasting them.

Nip to Paris.

La Maison De La Truffe in Place Madeline, won't disappoint.

You could pop into Fauchon afterwards to marvel at how expensive food can be:)

If you ask me, truffels afrodisiac powers are way overrated and over praised.

Not to mention the price, wich is histericay, I remember, it goes up to 3400 quid per kilo in Istria, only had

a very small portion in omlet.

After prices like that, no mushrooms will have afrodisiac powers.

No ... not the chocolate confections ... the underground mushrooms.

Saw a programme on telly this morning and some bloke was making truffle omelette. Never tried truffles before, so thought I'd give it a try. Anyone know where to get them? :huh:

I understand that you can mine them yourself in Derbyshire, but wouldn't know what to look for and probably end up eating a dead ferret. :gag:

Hahaha :hihi:

What was the cheaper variety of truffle recommended on an earlier post on this thread? Unfortunately the post was deleted, so maybe the recommended variety was poisonous or something?

Edited by Nagel