Were Pubs Better In The 60s??

Doesn't sound better to me, Pattricia. I haven't seen a fight in a pub for many years - I prefer it that way

Maybe because there is only one in

---------- Post added 18-12-2015 at 19:07 ----------

You are right,times were much better then!the only time I saw a "glassing" was at Lathkildale and that was most unusual and frightening!The Nelson was always packed but the barman (Chris?)new his customers and the pints would be served from a distance!!!Everybody was out for a good time and we all enjoyed it.There were a few "wide boys" but mostly all good types!These are the times I remember and look back on with fond memories.

Best decade ever mate.Every body had plenty of money.Finish one job at dinner had pick of six jobs by tea time.Music was the best ever.Pubs with great atmospheres ,mini skirts,make love not war,fantastic,wish I could go back.Very surprised at the glassing at Lathkildale.Would have thought that would be the last place for that.

Doesn't sound better to me, Pattricia. I haven't seen a fight in a pub for many years - I prefer it that way

Because nobody in em ,,,,x

the beer in some places was crap even in those days, the bucc and penthouse as two examples.