Strange light shooting across the sky, seen all over Sheffield 21/9/12

Just seen it, we live in Stannington it looked like it burnt out over Bradfield just now.

I'm glad you said that, save me from getting ridiculed or told I have had too much to drink!

I have just seen something very very weird going through the sky looked a bit like a falling burning plane, anyone seen it???

Saw it from our window in Gleadless. Was amazing, never seen anything like that before. Would love to know what it actually was!

Just came over Fir vale, absolutely enormous unbelievable, coming from meadowhall direction towards northern general hospital

Looked like an enormous firework but travelled too far and too horizontal to be one.

yes just gone above whitley lane

Just came over Fir vale, absolutely enormous unbelievable, coming from meadowhall direction towards northern general hospital

Looked like an enormous firework but travelled too far and too horizontal to be one.

Was definitely some kind of metorite or maybe a satellite breaking up as it re entered!

It's the second one I've seen in 5 days. See the other topic in here about shooting stars.

Had a great view in hillsborough, very bright with green tinge.

We live in Stannington, went over our house a few minutes ago heading to Bradfield looks like it broke up into smaller pieces.