What's the most stupid thing you have heard someone say.

Oh, i know its the same size :hihi:, it just looks closer to the earth in America than it does here :huh:

It's still a floptical delusion!

Mind you they (whoever 'they' are) say that everything in America is bigger! That goes for the size of their bums too I guess!!! :hihi:

"Whats the most stupid thing you have heard someone say. "

"I do" Me, Halifax Parish church, 16th August 1987.

That's a good en, you eat with your eyes, if so, keep a way from anything with chilli in it, eeeeeeeeek. :hihi:

It's still a floptical delusion!

Mind you they (whoever 'they' are) say that everything in America is bigger! That goes for the size of their bums too I guess!!! :hihi:

Ok, sorry for banging on about this, but, if you actually go to America (I never have) does it really look closer, or is it just like that in films etc? :)

Ok, sorry for banging on about this, but, if you actually go to America (I never have) does it really look closer, or is it just like that in films etc? :)

It depends when you look at it, and what time of year, and what phase the moon is going through. Depending where you are in the states, it certainly can look a lot more clearer than it does here. last time I went, I was in very rural Oklahoma in the summer, and the night sky was stunning, so bright and soooo many star clouds you could see with your naked eye.

But what you see in films is probably CGI or some other photographic trick to make it 'seem' bigger than it actually is. The plain fact is, that the appearance of what 'looks' like a bigger moon occurs just as often here as it does there (rainy days excluded...lol).

It depends when you look at it, and what time of year, and what phase the moon is going through. Depending where you are in the states, it certainly can look a lot more clearer than it does here. last time I went, I was in very rural Oklahoma in the summer, and the night sky was stunning, so bright and soooo many star clouds you could see with your naked eye.

But what you see in films is probably CGI or some other photographic trick to make it 'seem' bigger than it actually is. The plain fact is, that the appearance of what 'looks' like a bigger moon occurs just as often here as it does there (rainy days excluded...lol).

Thankyou, you have answered 1 of my lifes many questions :hihi:

Glad to be of service...I'm a mine of completely useless information! :)

Meanwhile back on topic!

Glad to be of service...I'm a mine of completely useless information! :)

Meanwhile back on topic!

Oh good, cos ive got a mind full of completely stupid questions at times :hihi:, may come back to you sometime :D

At my daughter's birthday party at a play area, surrounded by 30 of her friends, another customer got talking to me and I mentioned my daughter was home educated. "Oh I couldn't do that, they would never have any friends!" Erm...look around you?

I once took my kids to Graves Park with two neighbours and their kids (3 adults and 6 kids altogether). We looked over the fence at the big bull with a ring through its nose. One of the other girls (adult) looked at the bull and said "Do the humans put the rings through the bulls noses, or are they born like that?":hihi:

I was stressed whilst moving into our new home, many years ago. I was busy in the sitting room, unpacking boxes, and left my husband to sort the kitchen. He shouted "Which is the hot tap, and which is the cold?" I couldn't quite hear exactly what he was saying so had to go into the kitchen to ask him again. Again, he said "Which is the hot tap, and which is the cold?"

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! :hihi:

I walked into the kitchen during a big family get-together not long ago and overheard someone talking about how he wants a conservative for the back garden. He probably meant conservatory. :roll: