Where can I publish my story?

I have been writing an Children's story for over six years now, and during that time have re-wrote, changed most of the plot and sent it off to many book publishers. Nearly all of them said that they loved the story but due to the current sales climate, they could not publish my story. So, after sending ten off I got an publish agreement saying that a book company wanted to publish my story. But my joy turned to sorrow when I saw that they wanted four thousand pounds to print it. :( Is self publishing bad?

Is there any where in Sheffield that prints books? I have worked so hard on my story and would hate to never see it as a book. I'm not bothered about becoming famous - I just want to share my story and see it as a book. It would be a dream come true.

there are millions of people just like you who love to write and want it publsihed, and people will do so for you at a cost. its often referred to as vanity press and there is a thriving industry in taking money from people who wish to see their words in print. join some writing groups/forums and do your research, you may have to wait another 6 yrs before anything comes of it if ever.

A friend of mine self published through Amazon i believe, first in ebook and now paperback :) xx

I have been writing an Children's story for over six years now, and during that time have re-wrote, changed most of the plot and sent it off to many book publishers. Nearly all of them said that they loved the story but due to the current sales climate, they could not publish my story. So, after sending ten off I got an publish agreement saying that a book company wanted to publish my story. But my joy turned to sorrow when I saw that they wanted four thousand pounds to print it. :( Is self publishing bad?

Is there any where in Sheffield that prints books? I have worked so hard on my story and would hate to never see it as a book. I'm not bothered about becoming famous - I just want to share my story and see it as a book. It would be a dream come true.

Put it on here then, in the section I don't know about.

my better half managed to get a good short story published (and was paid for it) in a womens magazine within 2 months of starting out from a writing group. it was alas a flash in the pan and would appear to be a one off, its very slow and laborious by all accounts to get anywhere as an unknown.

Put it on here then, in the section I don't know about.

You're not missing much, I can assure you! :)

I'm in a similar situation, although my children's book is not yet finished. It seems that in today's climate, self-publishing may well be the only route available.

You're not missing much, I can assure you! :)

I think I know what you mean AB - the dreaded graveyard of the 'writers grope' :hihi: :hihi:

I'm in a similar situation, although my children's book is not yet finished. It seems that in today's climate, self-publishing may well be the only route available.

That speccy guy out of The Horsemartins made a mint outta kids books :(

That speccy guy out of The Horsemartins made a mint outta kids books :(

Were they any good?

Were they any good?

He was a crap guitarist and looked like a geek - so they must be good :(