French to close embassys over muhammad cartoon

The Charlie Hebdo publication already did do that, it pokes fun at all religions. Afaik they were not forced to retract, did not face any legal proceediings and ther was no widespread violence in Israel, the only Jewish state.

So in summary, you're wrong on all counts.

and presumably its aimed at an atheist audience. So why are fanatical muslims reading it?

I wonder why people get so upset about this while their God chooses to take no action at all.

I wonder why people get so upset about this while their God chooses to take no action at all.

Because their god does not exist.

Because they are very stupid.

I watch the rioters in these medieval Countries with amusement.

I love the flag burning episodes and the fists punching the air with gusto.

The screaming and jumping up and down is also very entertaining and so much better than watching Look North.

What really amazes me though is where are all the women folk while all this fun is going on.

Anjem Choudary has just made a video...very interesting.

He condemns the US,UK etc for waging war on them.

He says Muslims do not believe in freedom and democracy,they are western.

The US,UK etc are stealing all his resources(he is British).

Mohammed is more important than their family,their children,their parents etc...

Anyone who thinks a 1300 year old man is more important than their own children is either deluded,braindead or both.

Response #Muhammad 'Innocence Of Muslims' & French Cartoon Anjem Choudary'''

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ln2QtflS-XM#!

another thing I don't understand about their merciful god is why are their Apostasy laws so harsh?

Iran – illegal (death penalty)

Egypt – illegal (death penalty)

Pakistan – illegal (death penalty since 2007)

United Arab Emirates – illegal (death penalty)

Somalia – illegal (death penalty)

Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions)

Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)

Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution)

Qatar – illegal (death penalty)

Yemen – illegal (death penalty)

Sri Lanka – illegal (Prison sentences for 10 year) (Mahinda Rajapakse regime has passed anti religious change Act in the parliament)

Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)

Mauritania – illegal (death penalty)

Syria – possibly illegal (death penalty) although there is evidence to the contrary

Morocco – illegal to proselytise conversion (15 years jail, flogging)

Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy

jumping up and down about cartoons is the thin end of of the wedge.:hihi:

Edited by johncocker

This pretty much sums up this whole fiasco.

Heres the interesting thing, if a French magazine was to publish anti Jewish cartoons that ridiculed rabbi's and Moses then it would be classed as anti Semitic and the publisher forced to retract the images as well as face legal repercussions.

very true they do get away with a hell of alot.

but the (jewish )lawyers would just say islam is a religion and the jews a race

very true they do get away with a hell of alot.

but the (jewish )lawyers would just say islam is a religion and the jews a race

No they wouldn't.

What point of view? The only reason they have been published is to provoke a further vitriolic reaction from the islamic world. It's immature and irresponsible to think otherwise. Do you think the Copts, Christians and Jews in the countries where the protests are have signed up for the crusade for freedom of expression? When it's their lives that are going to be directly affected by the actions of a publisher sat in a cosy office in Paris.

We? How are you fighting against them, you are not in facing the enemy. It's funny how people defend free speech, and that it's worth dying for, but never put themselves on the front line.

I don't see people jumping to defend the rights of Anti-semites publishing Holocaust denial material in Canada, if you do, you'd be arrested and charged with a hate crime.

This whole cartoon business is like poking a violent animal with a long pointy stick, then sitting back with satisfaction when it reacts.

If you want Muslims to respect your right to publish things, then it's by dialogue, education and respect not by insulting them and constant prodding. They aren't going to change over night and insulting them and their prophet isn't going to help either.

I believe the same magazine published cartoons of the Pope a few years ago,I dont recall any fall out from that.

another thing I don't understand about their merciful god is why are their Apostasy laws so harsh?

Iran – illegal (death penalty)

Egypt – illegal (death penalty)

Pakistan – illegal (death penalty since 2007)

United Arab Emirates – illegal (death penalty)

Somalia – illegal (death penalty)

Afghanistan – illegal (death penalty, although the U.S. and other coalition members have put pressure that has prevented recent executions)

Saudi Arabia – illegal (death penalty, although there have been no recently reported executions)

Sudan – illegal (death penalty, although there have only been recent reports of torture, and not of execution)

Qatar – illegal (death penalty)

Yemen – illegal (death penalty)

Sri Lanka – illegal (Prison sentences for 10 year) (Mahinda Rajapakse regime has passed anti religious change Act in the parliament)

Malaysia – illegal in five of 13 states (fine, imprisonment, and flogging)

Mauritania – illegal (death penalty)

Syria – possibly illegal (death penalty) although there is evidence to the contrary

Morocco – illegal to proselytise conversion (15 years jail, flogging)

Jordan – possibly illegal (fine, jail, child custody loss, marriage annulment) although officials claim otherwise, convictions are recorded for apostasy

jumping up and down about cartoons is the thin end of of the wedge.:hihi:

Exactly right,maybe its time the blinkers that stops people seeing past the UK were removed ,time to wake up and smell the coffee perhaps.