Cupcakes, is it a waste of time ?

I take it you fit my description :hihi:

How dare you assume what I am! You rude little pr!ck.

For your information I'm not a house wife, nor am I bored. And I do not make 'bland' cupcakes. AND me making cakes is not a business venture. It's something I enjoy and I'm bloody good at it.

Now be a good lad and get back in your 'troll cave'

Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes!!!

To be honest i'm sick of seeing them, everybody and their mother seems to be producing pictures of bland buns with a bit of fancy coloured cream on the top and hoping to start a business venture 'cos a few bored housewives coo over them.

Forget it love its been done to death and will soon fade away leaving the odd bigger mass producing companies with their own market.

Eee by gum by dog thinks they are overpriced tat too ... more plastic container than actual bun (less than 50% in some outlets) and grossly overpriced for what they are !!!

Nobody forces people to buy cake. I can't believe the way some people are reacting. If you don't want to buy cake the don't buy it, simple.

If you do want tO buy it, and this is what you choose to spend your herd earned cash on then I'm sure a majority of people would rather buy freshly made, not mass produce, attractive looking cakes over a dozen Asda smart price cakes for 29p.

I think that no matter how good a normal sized cupcake looks, I'd never buy one because there'd be no way I could eat it all. There is way too much sugar, I'd feel pretty sick afterwards. I don't know any parents that would be happy letting their child eat a full one. Some of them have twice the height of the actual cake in buttercream dolloped on top or masses of icing. With that in mind, mini cupcakes would perhaps generate more sales, as they are a more realistic size?

Another avenue might be to create less extravagant cakes, but ones that are nut/dairy/gluten free etc. Food allergies have risen dramatically over the years and I imagine there's a market to be had somewhere there.

To be honest i'm sick of seeing them, everybody and their mother seems to be producing pictures of bland buns with a bit of fancy coloured cream on the top and hoping to start a business venture 'cos a few bored housewives coo over them.

How do you know they're bland from a picture? That's amazing. Either that or you're just making assumptions about something you know nothing about. There's all sorts of flavours out there.

I think that no matter how good a normal sized cupcake looks, I'd never buy one because there'd be no way I could eat it all. There is way too much sugar, I'd feel pretty sick afterwards. I don't know any parents that would be happy letting their child eat a full one.

Fancie have a good side-line in cupcake decorating parties for children so there must be a lot of parents out there who let their children eat them. Including me.

Nobody forces people to buy cake. I can't believe the way some people are reacting. If you don't want to buy cake the don't buy it, simple.

If you do want tO buy it, and this is what you choose to spend your herd earned cash on then I'm sure a majority of people would rather buy freshly made, not mass produce, attractive looking cakes over a dozen Asda smart price cakes for 29p.

Too right. Some people don't seem to care what rubbish they eat.

. more plastic container than actual bun (less than 50% in some outlets)

What? What are you talking about?

cupcakes is fad that is fading fast, even the bigger suppliers like fancie have found that out by having to diversify, into little a cafe and brownies and larger cakes, no business can survive on just cupcakes so to the OP dont waste your time, you might get 6 months out of it tops but not a sustainable business, the market for them is severly diluted, too many suppliers of varying quality and the same number of customers...............oh and they are vile sweet sickly rubbish for the most part:hihi:

Julie - from just having a quick browse myself, it's very difficult to differentiate between cakes actually made by you and which are other people's work which have been posted for "inspiration". There are a lot of these photos and they aren't always clearly labelled as inspiration. Some individual photos are credited but in the spirit of honesty, if you're going to post these pictures to a page promoting your business, each one needs a caption clearly stating that it's not your work. Have you also obtained permission from the owners of these photos to repost them? If not, I would suggest that you do so quickly. It's not always enough to just credit the owner if you're using them without permission and isn't really the polite thing to do. How would you feel if the situation was reversed?

I would also definitely take on board comments made earlier in this thread regarding grammar and the quality of your written English. You are still continuing to make your posts in an un-professional manner which is actually quite hard to read in some cases. As a potential client, I would also take umbrage with being continually called "luv".

The cupcakes you have made do look very nice though! You clearly have a lot of ideas that just need thinking through a little more before you launch into it and spend loads of money.

Edited by angel_b
Spelling correction.

Cupcakes are small and wussy.

We want Mugcakes!

K.