Why does football make grown men act like children

Standing outside Leeds station yesterday, fuelling up on cheap beer at Wetherspoons was a group of grown men (Leeds supporters) breaking out occasionally into loud 'song'. These songs were not directed at anyone in particular but like a head monkey warning his monkey friends of danger one would suddenly raise his glass, put his greasy head back and start to bellow and all his monkey mates would start to join in. The songs were slagging off Chelsea barstewards (who they wanted to shoot in the head ) and Hull supporters (who were a bunch of lady bits).

I was cringing with embarrassment and a fair few people looked like they felt a bit threatened. Why does football make men act so ridiculously?? The looked like utter idiots but were even leering at me after as if I should be turned on by their loutish behavour :gag:

Rant over :hihi:

Standing outside Leeds station yesterday, fuelling up on cheap beer at Wetherspoons was a group of grown men (Leeds supporters) breaking out occasionally into loud 'song'. These songs were not directed at anyone in particular but like a head monkey warning his monkey friends of danger one would suddenly raise his glass, put his greasy head back and start to bellow and all his monkey mates would start to join in. The songs were slagging off Chelsea barstewards (who they wanted to shoot in the head ) and Hull supporters (who were a bunch of lady bits).

I was cringing with embarrassment and a fair few people looked like they felt a bit threatened. Why does football make men act so ridiculously?? The looked like utter idiots but were even leering at me after as if I should be turned on by their loutish behavour :gag:

Rant over :hihi:

You mean grown up men behaving like chimps isnt a turn on for you?

Whats wrong with you girl?:hihi:

I really don't 'get it' either. Never have done, and don't suppose I ever will.

Bit of drink and a group of mates will often get a bit raucous, it just happens as a group what they have in common are football "songs".

agree, i used to work as a bouncer and saw some horrible things in my time and i could understand the majority of it (drink/drugs etc) but i have also witnessed people being stabbed and severely beaten all because they support another football team :loopy:, what the hell is wrong with these people :confused:

imo they are just complete fools easily led a stray by others.

Bit of drink and a group of mates will often get a bit raucous, it just happens as a group what they have in common are football "songs".

they are thugs.:suspect:

'Just' football songs?....Songs that propose violence to supporters of other clubs?

I hate being in the vecinity of any football supporters, raucous or not. It's highly intimidating. I've never liked it. I do however like football, but I can't and don't want to get into the supporter mentality. It's just a game!!!

A game of football from a fans perspective can be like a 90 minute journey through life itself.

The anticipation, excitement, nervousness, fear, joy, despair, heartache, agony, extasy, happiness, sadness, anger, relief, boredom, fairplay, cheating, humour, the atmosphere .... each game potentially bringing those emotions, and sometimes more. Those who don't like football or who think all fans are drunks and thugs will never appreciate what it's like for millions of people around the world, and not just men.

You're not on your own, the whole experience seems to fuelled by drunkeness, racist chanting and violence directed towards the opposing team. Its only kept going by the revenue it generates, not to appease the sub humans that follow the game!

A game of football from a fans perspective can be like a 90 minute journey through life itself.

The anticipation, excitement, nervousness, fear, joy, despair, heartache, agony, extasy, happiness, sadness, anger, relief, boredom, fairplay, cheating, humour, the atmosphere .... each game potentially bringing those emotions, and sometimes more. Those who don't like football or who think all fans are drunks and thugs will never appreciate what it's like for millions of people around the world, and not just men.

I find it quite strange that you feel so many emotions watching a football game tbh :huh:

You're not on your own, the whole experience seems to fuelled by drunkeness, racist chanting and violence directed towards the opposing team. Its only kept going by the revenue it generates, not to appease the sub humans that follow the game!

Utter rubbish sedith !