Mrs browns boys

I've watched the third series every week, and have the first 2 series on DVD, funniest show ever! And I saw "Her" live at the Motorpoint Arena last September, absolutely hilarious!

I know that some of the jokes are so old they are collecting a pension, :hihi: and most of them, I can tell you exactly what the punchline is going to be.

However, after my initial thoughts of "hmm, not so keen" I now think it's really funny, and I like the mix of the comedy, and the pathos (EG the scene with "Mrs Brown's" grandson "Bono" {who, like many of the cast is related to BO'C- he's his grandson, Jamie} when she puts him to bed at Christmas and tells him the "Heroes don't die" story.)

Yes PT you're right the jokes are old but, it's Brendan O'Carroll's delivery which is impeccable, I see that Winnie, is his sister, Cathy his wife, Buster his son, and Maria his daughter & Betty his daughter in law long may it reign.

Edit: PT I did not see your earlier post about this

Edited by Bypassblade

I was shopping in Tesco earlier and they'd got "Good Mourning Mrs Brown" on DVD for £8, I was very tempted but didn't bother buying it, I spent £20 on a DVD from Amazon yesterday.

Is it only me that thinks its a pile of do dar?

No I don't get it at all.Then again,I've never seen the appeal of transvestite "comedy". It reminds me of Dick Emery or even Old Mother Riley.

Yes PT you're right the jokes are old but, it's Brendan O'Carroll's delivery which is impeccable, I see that Winnie, is his sister, Cathy his wife, Buster his son, and Maria his daughter & Betty his daughter in law long may it reign.

Edit: PT I did not see your earlier post about this

He amuses me because of the way he "breaks the fourth wall", with his "knowing looks" at the camera when he makes a sly or witty comment. (My mother would have called this action "Slowtiming".)

There aren't many comedians who do/ did this (Laurel and Hardy did) but yes, the timing is great.

i'm a big fan of mrs. brown's boys but i watched monday's episode last night on catch up and found it totally unfunny.

i'm a big fan of mrs. brown's boys but i watched monday's episode last night on catch up and found it totally unfunny.

I enjoyed Monday's, yet found last weeks not so funny, still a great programme.

Considering it's done in front of a "live" audience makes me appreciate the comedy more. Plus the little ad-libs such as "Whats he dong here?" (loooking at Buster sat in the chair) "He's not in this part of the fekkin' script !"

Now that makes me chuckle.

Considering it's done in front of a "live" audience makes me appreciate the comedy more. Plus the little ad-libs such as "Whats he dong here?" (loooking at Buster sat in the chair) "He's not in this part of the fekkin' script !"

Now that makes me chuckle.

Me too and I love it when he gives that knowing look to the camera. It makes me feel like I'm part of it somehow. If it ever comes down here as a live show, me and OH will definitely be off to see it.:D