A question about blind people.

What do they experience when using psychedelics?

It's tricky, the only people who could tell you will never see your thread :(

It's tricky, the only people who could tell you will never see your thread :(

You make a good point:)

i thought it said thread for blind people, thought but they wont see it :suspect:

Many blind and visually impaired people can surf the web. It's something that a decent web designer needs to consider when creating pages.

Interesting question. My mother is blind, but to the best of my knowledge has never used psychedelics.

I'm guessing that the particular type of blindness might be a factor in whether a blind person has what we could call a 'visual' experience when tripping. I'm sure that sighted people can experience visual type stuff with their eyes closed.

There's a poster here called Phanerothyme who's certainly very knowledgeable about psychedelics who might well have something interesting to offer to this thread.

Interesting question.

Slightly OT but as a migraine sufferer i've often wondered how blind people experience them, As my greatest problem is the visual disturbances rather than the pain.

Interesting question. My mother is blind, but to the best of my knowledge has never used psychedelics.

I'm guessing that the particular type of blindness might be a factor in whether a blind person has what we could call a 'visual' experience when tripping. I'm sure that sighted people can experience visual type stuff with their eyes closed.

There's a poster here called Phanerothyme who's certainly very knowledgeable about psychedelics who might well have something interesting to offer to this thread.

I dabbled in my late teens a few times, And you assume correctly you can experience "visions" whilst your eyes are closed, In fact far more powerful than with your eyes open in my opinion as your concentration is greater, You aren't disturbed by events around you so you "go deeper" if you will.

These were natural psychedelics though, Psilocibe semilanceata, I've never tried chemical Acid, ie lsd.

Well Aldous Huxley wasn't far from blind when he took mescaline in the 1950s and described it in his books. He had plenty of visions and visual adventures, but he was someone whose eyesight had deteriorated rather than born blind.

I doubt people totally blind from birth see anything on psychedelics, but there's a lot more to those drugs than the visuals. It would be interesting to know.

the point about psychedelics are they dull the gaps between your senses, thus creating a sensory alteration and/or overload, often described as a sensory cross over, pertaining quite a bit to synesthesia..

I myself do "suffer" from synesthesia, and when listening to some music, can close my eyes on a normal day and see colours, and visual scenes, some times things I have never seen before, so I would assume that a blind person would have an effect similar to synesthesia, where their senses got crossed, and saw what they could hear, or feel..

On the same lines as the original question I have often wondered if a person who has been blind from birth dreams??