Arcade Cabinet - pictures

really, really nice. me want. :)

Mmmm ... I wouldn't mind a sit-down StarWars cab. One day...
Going rate is £2k for a worker (note I didn't say 'mint', minty ones are knocking on £4k)...and them amplifone vector monitors are rarer than rocking horse poo nowadays. You couldn't have picked a more expensive 'grail' cab, as sit-down SW is at the top of every collector's list the world over.

Mrs was just watching tonight's episode (Thursday 16 Apr.) of Collectaholics (BBC2), and the 'next time' 30 seconds bit right at the end showed such an arcade collection as I may be talked into selling a gonad for, including a couple of OutRun Deluxes (if I glimpsed right-it was a quick snapshot). Not sure if it's tomorrow night or next week, but don't miss it ;)

mafya, the real deal is so (so very-) much cheaper, with better quality build. Though you might need some basic electrics/electronics knowledge if it develops a fault :hihi:

You can build one of those £2k 'turnkey' costco jobs with better components for a quarter of the price. Including with buying the cab (panels) in kit form.

Edited by L00b

L00B It's (mostly) RGP's collection on that TV show.

I'm looking forward to the valuation bit (can you guess how much that's gonna set tongues wagging :D)...but not nearly as much as to simply feast my eyes on so much quality arcade goodness: it's one thing to see pics galore and the odd shaky-phonecam Youtube vid, quite another to see framed shots by professionals in broadcast HD. Can't hardly wait :)

I predict a marginal welling-up, I'd say about par with what the new (2nd) StarWars teaser trailer just caused moments ago :hihi:

Edited by L00b

I wouldn't bother, they were valued by the useless guy at findarcademachines, everyone already expects moon dust values :D

I wouldn't bother, they were valued by the useless guy at findarcademachines, everyone already expects moon dust values :D
You jest, my good Sir, shurely? :gag: Them be the idiots that shilled-spoiled my GTI Club auctions IIRC, I had to ban their various eBay nicks to put a stop to it :mad: Edited by L00b

Nope, apparently the BBC sought out a valuer themselves, and he's bragging about it on his website, the man that values a 400quid arcade cab at £1,795.00, though he tried and failed to sell his business on Ebay a while back, guess that failed due to inflated prices too :D

to the Collectaholics episode.

It did not disappoint :)

But the valuation bit did...a single all-in-one estimate? bah!

For all we'd said about it Zedders, the (only two) valuing discussions about the SW and Afterburner cockpits were not so way-out-of-whack IMHO.

Edited by L00b

Addams Family Pinball machine! I played that for hours as a kid when on holiday. If i ever win a big amount on the lotto, I'm opening a freaking arcade.

Totally want to go there! Anyone old enough to remeber Storys amusement arcade on Matilda street? Or Lynx Liesure, just around the corner? They just don"t have arcades like they used to...

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 01:01 ----------

Woo! Saturday 6 till 10. Arcade Club!!!

http://www.arcade-club.com/games

That looks brilliant, might have to make a trip down there one weekend. I used to go in Lynx Leisure, it was round the corner from where I worked so I used to go in my dinner break and spend my dinner money! It would have been 1988 or 1989

Edited by harken77