Sheffield Cathedral Beer

Sheffield Cathedral have announced that it will be hosting its first ever Cathedral Real Ale Festival, which will take place from Friday 19th to Sunday 21st October in a large marquee located on the forecourt in front of the Cathedral.

The Beer Festival will feature over 40 beers, perrriers and ciders available for people attending the event to taste. It is hoped that over the three day event thousands will visit the Cathedral and the Festival, the festival will support many local breweries and food suppliers and any funds raised will contribute to achieving the Cathedral’s vision for the next two years.

Alongside the selection of ales from across Yorkshire, the event will also include three days of music performed on a stage within the festival marquee and children’s entertainment and activities. Everyone will be able to sample food from the whole of Yorkshire, especially Sheffield.

Opening Times:

Fri: 5pm-11pm

Sat:12noon-6pm

Sun: 12noon-6pm

If you are interested in volunteering at the festival, please email: diary@sheffield-cathedral.org.uk

For further details visit our website: http://www.sheffieldcathedral.org

Cheers!!

Edited by SC-Rachael

One week to go to the Sheffield Cathedral Beer Festival! To accompany the perfect pint, Whirlow Hall Farm will be putting on a BBQ and Hog-roast.

There will be Children's activities throughout the weekend plus a full music line up.

If you fancy having a couple of free pints then sign up as a volunteer !

for more information, email diary@sheffield-cathedral.org.uk

You dont even have to worry about having to drive, Mercury Taxi will make sure you get home in one piece.

We look forward to seeing you next week!

I'm looking forward to this - do you know when the list of breweries and beers will be released?

Sunday at 12 will suit me the best,i will be able to attend the service before i get drunk.

We're hoping to come down sometime over the weekend, it's a bit of a pity it's only on until 6pm on Saturday though.

Any idea of the music? Is there a schedule?

Really enjoyed it down there today. Good choice of beers, and a good atmosphere. Lets hope the event becomes an annual event :clap: