Android tablet, techie help needed!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TABTRONICS-M009S-Capacitive-Android-tablet/dp/B006T099XE/ref=cm_rdp_product

A friend of mine has purchased the above tablet and can't get netflix to work on it - the app has downloaded ok but it won't launch. Reading through the reviews people can use netflix with it, so she doesn't understand why hers doesn't!

Can anyone offer any help please? Will be very grateful! Thanks for reading! :help:

Have you tried upgrading the Flash Player? Also un-installing the app, rebooting and re-installing can sometimes fix issues like this. :-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Check she's got the latest firmware for it. I had a cheapo Android tablet and they were always updating it. I sold mine and bought a Nexus 7.

I believe Flash is no longer available for Android?

Check she's got the latest firmware for it. I had a cheapo Android tablet and they were always updating it. I sold mine and bought a Nexus 7.

can install it as an apk.

This.

I wouldn't bother with cheapo tablets.

Netflix doesn't need Flash player iirc, it runs fine on my Nexus S and I don't have Flash installed.

'Cheapo' Android tablets can be very good value - you just have to make sure that the chipset inside is one that is well documented and current for the best Android experience.

Flash is STILL supported on devices (phones or tablets) that came with it pre installed as long as they are on Android 2.x, 3.x or 4.0.x - Jelly Bean (4.1.x) and above does NOT support Flash o Stock browser, but it is possible to 'sideload' it and get it to run in a 3rd party browser. ;-)

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

This.

I wouldn't bother with cheapo tablets.

I agree - I bought one last year from Amazon - from the reviews you would be sure it was an iPad killer - when it arrived it was poorly made with a terrible unresponsive dull screen and a battery that lasted less than 2 hours.

Replaced it with an Archos Arnova which isn't much better.