Brooklyn Steakhouse restaurant near Kelham Island

Looks good, but I just found it for a quid cheaper on Sheffield Deal of the Day.

...sorry if I did anything wrong, I'm new to this, hence the non-linked quote.

Just seen this, we have had to take ours down for a couple of days, as the living social lawyers contacted the Brooklyn and threatened breach of contract if they ran with us at the same time.

We have agreed to take our advert down for a couple of days so that no trouble is caused.

Shame really, but that's big multinationals for you who have high end lawyers

Still, it will be back on in a few days for the cheaper price of £14 :)

Just been for lunch today. I have to say it is the best burger I have ever had, pink and moist inside and served with very tasty fries, onion ring and coleslaw. At £7.50 I thought it was excellent value, prices are a little higher in the evening. We will be returning! :)

http://www.thebrooklyn.info/

Edited by stonecircle
missed "best" before burger

Just been for lunch today. I have to say it is the burger I have ever had, pink and moist inside and served with very tasty fries, onion ring and coleslaw. At £7.50 I thought it was excellent value, prices are a little higher in the evening. We will be returning! :)

http://www.thebrooklyn.info/

Glad to hear it! I couldn't do the deal thanks to the day job, but will be heading down sooooon!!

Visited on Saturday night with the wife and another couple, food was excellent although the service was a little disorganised. The bill was £108ish for 3 starters, four mains, deserts and a few beers and a bottle of wine. We would all go again.

If it has only just opened you can prob expect teething problems for quite a while esp speed of service.All the staff are prob new and still learning the ropes.I could be wrong but i think the guy that owns or runs it used to have the coffee shop near me and it used to be packed all the time but since he's gone it's dead as a dodo so he prob knows what he's doing.

I just checked out their website and wasn't impressed with what I saw.

It looks like some trendy place where the emphasis is on presentation rather than substantial offerings. A little basket of chips with an onion ring tossed on top and steak on a cheeseboard. No thanks. The price of an 8oz sirloin is almost £20 as well - I don't mind paying more than that for a good steak but I think I'll go to La Vaca instead or maybe take a trip up to J37 and order a proper big steak at the old post office.

Places which use the names of other cities in their own and try to piggy back on the famed cuisine of somewhere thousand of miles away tend to be pretty awful. If you want "Brooklyn Steak" you're better off going to Brooklyn

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Places which use the names of other cities in their own and try to piggy back on the famed cuisine of somewhere thousand of miles away tend to be pretty awful. If you want "Brooklyn Steak" you're better off going to Brooklyn

I think the names comes from the building its location in the Brooklyn works.

http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-458628-brooklyn-works-

Ive been here a couple of times and both times i left happy. Really nice steaks, sides & decent house wine. I think however, it needs better lighting outside as its difficult to know its a restaurant at a glance.

The nicest Steak I've ever had was on Rothmann's on East 54th NYC. I'd love to see somewhere in Sheffield which could serve steaks like that.

I went the other night - great food and vibe but the service could have been better.

I went the other week at lunch with the livingsocial deal. They had fillet steak on as the lunchtime special steak, so I ended up paying £2 extra to upgrade my voucher, as it was a bargain. The steak was the best I've had for quite a while and the service was pretty good actually. The OH's lamb burger was pretty tasty too.

It's not located in Brooklyn Works actually, but the other side of the river facing Brooklyn Works, which is the building with the Alfred Beckett saw and file works signage on it. The building it's in is called Cornish House. It could do with a little more exterior lighting, yes, but I suppose it's location in a residential block might limit that. Saying that, the grind cafe and the milestone have very little exterior lighting but are always busy due to word of mouth and quality of food.