Do you know about Signposts?

Is everyone on here aware of Signposts? It's a writing development project based in Sheffield and offers a wealth of free information and support for south yorkshire writers, bot new and experienced.

I'm not part of Signposts, but I get their newsletter and I've used their resources, and so I've agreed (very happily) to give them a mention on here - spread the word!

In particular, check out: The Writers Resource Centre drop in advice service (Central Library, Wednesday evenings, 5.15 pm to 7.30 pm, drop in service - no need to book, free 1 to 1 advice) and The South Yorkshire Writers E-Newsletter ( Free monthly newsletter covers all aspects of creative writing - news, events, info on writing groups, open mic sessions, competitions, jobs, opportunities, local publications, festivals, etc. Just send an email to [email protected] together with your name and a request to receive the next newsletter which is usually out at the start of each month).

Thanks for letting us know about this, it's great.

I had heard of Signposts but I had it in my head that it was for young writers 16-25 for some reason. Is it open to all?

Thanks for letting us know about this, it's great.

I had heard of Signposts but I had it in my head that it was for young writers 16-25 for some reason. Is it open to all?

Yes, open to all, but they sometimes have special courses etc for young writers.

Also every Wednesday at the Sheffield city center library from late afternoon to around 7, you can speak to someone form signposts who provides advice on writing and the business of it. Always helpful to have some one on one contact

Also every Wednesday at the Sheffield city center library from late afternoon to around 7, you can speak to someone form signposts who provides advice on writing and the business of it. Always helpful to have some one on one contact

Met Geoff Briggs at Sheffield Central Library, Wednesday 5.15pm - 7.15pm. Very, very helpful. Would recommend aspiring writers to go down and make the most of his advice.