Black Mesa Source

Surprised there hasnt been a thread on this to be honest..

Just a general heads up that this mod has finally been released - go download, I'm sure if your a fan of the original game you'll hopefully get a kick from it. I've only just managed to get it set up and can feel a marathon coming on tomorrow..

Be nice to know what others think to it :D

Black Mesa

From what I gather it's the original game with better graphics/half lie 2 engine? is it a mod for the original game or halflife 2?

You'll need half life 2 to run it regardless of if you have the first.

So far ive found it pretty ace - only done the tram ride and starting area and already amazed.. There was an interview sampling some of the voice acting within the game which sounded horrible, however in the real thing theyre spot on ;)

You'll need half life 2 to run it regardless of if you have the first.

No necessarily as you can also get the standalone version via torrent @5gb.

Nice though but it only goes as far as the Lambda core as its not quite finished.

It's a shame this took so long to finally make it.. I remember reading all about this not long after HL2 was released, and thinking 'wow... great'.

Problem is; as great as it was back in the day, the HL2/Source Engine is looking dated these days... but I suppose it's good for a bit of nostalgia :)