Did anyone live on the scowerdons estate?

Hi bypass..The scowerdons is now nearing its end towards the bottom.I.left last nov.New homes have been built just below the jack and ending with wickfield drive.The only vic hallams are standing woodhouse side of dyke vale rd.End of an era.I remember when the houses behind the jack were still fields,and went to a do at the jack as a kid and they was a sponcered piano push down silkstone rd,circa 1971.Anyone remember that?

Hey up owlschick, I cannot believe they were pulled down but that's life, the piano push was just before my time, do you remember Frecheville carnival tho

I have relatives who lived on there they a called Easton, Shane, Tina, Cheryl, Trevor, Beverly, Jaqueline.

Edited by avatarx

I have relatives who lived on there they a called Easton, Shane, Tina, Cheryl, Trevor, Beverly, Jaqueline.

Unfortunately Jackie passed away several years ago,Trevor occassionaly calls in my sons business for parts for his transit van.

I was in the Jack one night there was a pool match on,Pat Ryan came in with white gloves on and refereed the matches,one of the lads told him there was a spot of chalk on the white ball,so he took out his bottom set of teeth placed them carefully round the ball,picked it up,cleaned it and put it back then replaced his pallet......hilarious,Pat was a brilliant bloke who died young from an accident at work.

Unfortunately Jackie passed away several years ago,Trevor occassionaly calls in my sons business for parts for his transit van.

Yes that's correct I still see my uncle Trevor quite often.

His brother Ivan buys forklift parts too.........

I remember one of his brothers from the seventies when we had Yamaha FS1E's

I was in the Jack one night there was a pool match on,Pat Ryan came in with white gloves on and refereed the matches,one of the lads told him there was a spot of chalk on the white ball,so he took out his bottom set of teeth placed them carefully round the ball,picked it up,cleaned it and put it back then replaced his pallet......hilarious,Pat was a brilliant bloke who died young from an accident at work.

Rossrooney remember Pat very well, know both daughters & Chris his then wife, I also remember the incident with his teeth, Pat was a gem who; sadly was in wrong place @ wrong time.

Do you remember Norman doing a sponsored silence one Sunday dinner.....he came in with a card that said yes on one side and P*** Off on the other?

Do you remember Norman doing a sponsored silence one Sunday dinner.....he came in with a card that said yes on one side and P*** Off on the other?

Sorry not that one, did you use it a lot the Jack, me & our Nigel did way back, remember old Darren & their Spencer 2 very good lads; for Owls. :)

Darrens the landlord now....Spencers his bouncer:hihi: :hihi:

Yeah I'd heard he was landlord, Spencer was funny with his little rosy cheeks bless him, bet there's a good chance we know each other :D:D