Who's making all the military stuff ?

I always thought wars were good for the economy :huh: who's making all the military equipments, uniforms, tanks, aircraft parts ect ect ? I worked in a parts factory during the Vietnam war, we went in when it was dark came out in the dark, we made so much money we all were able to open up savings accounts that most had never had before .

So where are all these factories...someone's somewhere has plenty of work on :confused:

we have bae but I think they are too expensive for the british military to buy from. go figure.

Boeing and General Dynamics - Aircraft and misslie systems

Newport News - Warships and submarines

AM General - Tanks, miltary vehicles

Edited by Harleyman

we have bae but I think they are too expensive for the british military to buy from. go figure.

They still do alot of the aircraft. Uniforms are done (waterproofs at least ) in Scotland. Or were anyway.

I worked in a foundry in penistone that made thousands of tank tracks all the time.More were made in leeds as well.

Parts for the Astute Class submarines are made in Sheffield.

They still do alot of the aircraft. Uniforms are done (waterproofs at least ) in Scotland. Or were anyway.

BAE also make submarines, destroyers, aircraft carriers and tanks - they also make the M2 Bradley that is used by the Americans. They are major shareholders in Saab which produce the Gripen fighter.

BAE are major partners in the F-35 Lightning, designing and constructing and then shipping sections and systems across the Atlantic to the USA for final construction.

Largest military contractor is the American firm Propper International. They have made military uniforms since the mid 60's for the American military and now other like Iraq, Mexico and many many more. They also supply the surplus market with direct copies of past and present combat uniforms. The only difference between American issue and American surplus store is a 13 digit number with the prefix DSA through to SPO depending on date issue.

I have examples of these uniforms from 1966 through to 2010 from the Vietnam issue ERDL to the current ACU.

I'd like to advise on this that NOBODY PLEASE PUT LOCATIONS or DIRECT INFO on here as could be used by nutcases we are at war with.