Sending books to doncater prison

Does anyone know if I can post used books to inmates at doncaster prison? It doesn't say on their website. I know rules vary between prisons. ust wondering if anyone's had first hand experience. You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it on here.

Cheers.

You can't send books to Doncaster prison. They would have to purchase them via an approved supplier.

Think they can use waterstones

I see your going for the ' mini pickaxe in a bible' trick- very sneaky. Has someone been watching the Shawshank Redemption again ;)

I would guess the way to get the correct answer would be to speak to whoever runs the library at HMP Doncaster or perhaps the chaplaincy dept ... assuming a letter / email to the Governor doesn't get passed on to the appropriate person an answer from the governor's office...

while eckolad's answer is probably correct for personal purchases by inmates ( through the 'canteen' system) one would assume that donations to the prison rather than specificinmates would be dealt with through the internal library or chaplaincy / welfare services ...