Hillsborough document release

Including a member of my family..................
You and me both, which is why I have taken the time to read the links provided, and watch the video clips relevant to the event

BTW - when there's a pop concert, or even Disney on Ice, the crowds around the arena are carefully managed. I'm not aware of any precedence of rioting primary school kids which have created this situation

Continuing to repeat the lies without even reading the report is disgusting.

I know you're not happy with what is being said, but the 'families for justice' got results from reasoned persistence, not such venom. If you meet adherence to belief in what was printed in a despicable rag, you're not going to sway opinion by spitting teeth ;)

I know you're not happy with what is being said, but the 'families for justice' got results from reasoned persistence, not such venom. If you meet adherence to belief in what was printed in a despicable rag, you're not going to sway opinion by spitting teeth ;)

I'm appalled that people keep trying to blame the victims without any evidence other than malicious lies, which have been proven to be false. They'd rather believe local gossip over careful research & the normal football fans that were actually there. It sickens me. I wasn't involved in the disaster at all, except for watching it on TV, but it's still hard for me even to look at this thread, never mind use polite language. The families for justice have my respect for how persistent they've been for 23 years to finally start to get results & be proved right, I couldn't have done it.

There's a 389 page report, from an independent panel that goes through everything, it carefully refutes every detail of every lie, it tells us how the police, the government & sections of the media conspired to cover it up & blame the victims. Thousands of pages of documents that they used to compile their report are also available. The prime minister has been in parliament, live on national TV apologising for it. Still people keep repeating these malicious lies. If you want to claim bias, you need something a bit stronger than what your neighbour's cousin thought he saw, what was printed in The Sun & what anybody in SY Police told you. You at least need to read the report.

I wasn't involved with it, I wasn't there, I was just a small child when it happened, I don't have any agenda. I remember seeing it on TV as a child & seeing the horrific pictures later, I remember seeing children not much older than I was die, in the same city. I was 7 years old, excited to watch a big football match on TV that was happening in Sheffield, instead I watched a massacre. I want to see the people responsible for the police cover-up & malicious lies against the fans brought to justice, if not SWFC, the council & whoever else said that death trap of a football ground was safe. The families haven't really got their justice yet.

Edited by anywebsite

Good youtube clip here of how the disaster was reported back in 1989, definately worth watching especially if your one of those people who have only read about how it was reported. The police generally getting the blame back then and not the Liverpool supporters, as some commentators would now have you believe, the exception being the foreign press and Jacques Georges the then president of UEFA.

I've seen the first 9 minutes and can't stomach anymore after seeing Middup's performance 06.45 onwards. Absolutely disgusting. Surely, this alone is enough for him to be facing an enquiry. I cringed when he said his officers were in a 'no win' situation when asked to police matches, as officers enjoyed the overtime rates and were keen to sign up. When I've more of a stomach for it, I'll go back to it, thanks for the link.

Edited by Darth Vader

Thankfully points of view like yours are now disappearing rapidly and soon it will just be you and Kelvin Mackenzie in a room together enjoying some recreational hatred.

Here we go again. I won't ask you if you've read either the Taylor Report or the Hillsborough Independent Panel Report because I imagine you might have been too busy reading The Sun instead.

Have you read any other part of this thread? Try post 1006 for a start, after all it was 2 pages ago and I understand navigating that far back may be too much to expect in your case.

Any of the links?

Any of the evidence?

Do you have any evidence to back up this vile nonsense?

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

― Christopher Hitchens

Excellent post. - Remember, mike, there are many Sheffielders with vested interests in this. :)

Are those in favour on Norman Bettison having his pension taken away also in favour of any criminals having their various benifits stopped if they receive any?

Are those in favour on Norman Bettison having his pension taken away also in favour of any criminals having their various benifits stopped if they receive any?

You forgot his Knighthood.

Guest busdriver1
I'm appalled that people keep trying to blame the victims without any evidence other than malicious lies,........................................

The families haven't really got their justice yet.

Well you just try telling that to my cousin who made it over the fence in order to watch his father crushed to death in front of his own eyes. He will tell you what we all know. The people doing all the pushing were Liverpool fans. NOBODY ELSE.. That is the bottom line. What the police did or did not do does not change that fact and anyone trying to blame them or just getting a kick from mud raking needs to remember that.

If you want to know why I have such a hatred of this whole stirring up of the past - well his last attempt on his life was on the day the report was released.

There are those who want this whole sad tradgedy put to sleep, but whilst those who have no cares for the victims and their families keep stirrrind things up they can not.

When I wrote my piece last night I did it because I had heard first hand accounts from officers there that were junior in service with no axe to grind with those that died... They said it was chaos pure and simple. To all those families that lost and those who were injured my heart goes out to you.

But .. My point is this the dead were killed because of Liverpool fans turning up late which compounded the other poor decisions made.. And this has been totally wiped out from the report. It was fact . They were too many at that gate pushing to get in. I'm sure you've seen the pictures .

Lets have the people if Liverpool face up to the facts that their loved ones died and injured due to a combination if all the facts. to deny this happened is just another cover up !

My personal view

Clarksoneqs

I am curious as to why you chose to focus on killing and being drunk and disorderly and ignore the plethora of other charges that could be levelled at the various individuals and organisations being investigated?

Such as? You seem to have a lot of inside knowledge; I hope that you passed it to the Inquiry.

Such as? You seem to have a lot of inside knowledge; I hope that you passed it to the Inquiry.
Jeffrey, you're behaving rather oddly. Your posts are usually very specific and factual, and usually supported with references. Why are you, on this thread, regurgitating discredited tabloid headlines, and using the same 'smart alec' style of posting found elsewhere on the forum by inferior contributors to yourself?

Can you please contribute to this thread in your usual informative manner?