Don't shout at me, but..

hello fellow yarn lovers!

i have been knitting for a full year now and crocheting for about 6months. i am most excited to be starting some christmas projects but i have hit a snag and hoped you could help.

i want to crochet some snowflakes, they are delicate and so rather floppy, which ruins the effect. now please dont shout at me for suggesting this, but can i put a little startch on them to hold their shape more? i dont really want to waste my money or wool to try it if anyone knows the result already.

before you all cast me off as a blithering idiot, i have never used starch so i have no clue of its limitations. i am not using expensive wool, just the markets average DK.

many thanks for any advice given x

I'd have thought the wash in type would work better than the spray, if that's any help

It is, thank you Strix. I didn't know they had two kinds ha, so a great help :)

I'm guessing that 'ordinary household glue' means pcs, judging by the method they're suggesting

in this, she uses school glue, so i was going to have a go with pva, which i have already. bonus!

I promise, I did type 'pva' but this damned phone seems to have ideas above its station :mad:

I've made them with cotton and I used pva thinned with a bit of water. They've stood up really well.

i am excited to try this, i'm glad to hear first hand experience. i didn't think of it at all. pva is so useful!

strix, my phone is a pain for that kind of thing too :/

two snowflakes down, need to make a few more then i will get to stiffening them :)