Nearest coffee to United Ground

Hi all

If I wanted a corporate coffee (so Costa, Starbucks and the like) on my way to a course at Brammal Lane, where is the nearest one? Is it back in town?

Thanks!

Dont they sell something similar in the large hotel next to United ground? Maybe Waitrose bottom of Ecclesall Road?

Hi all

If I wanted a corporate coffee (so Costa, Starbucks and the like) on my way to a course at Brammal Lane, where is the nearest one? Is it back in town?

Thanks!

why on earth would you want to drink that muck from a chain:gag: try an independant think there is one just off john st used to be cafe euro

Just did a postcode search on Costa and Starbucks and the closest would be either Pinstone St in town, or Berkeley Precinct Ecclesall Road :(

Why not pop into one of the various surrounding sandwich shops instead. I recommend The Bread Bin, on the corner of John Street and Shoreham Street. They have lovely food and freshly made hot drinks :)

why on earth would you want to drink that muck from a chain:gag: try an independant think there is one just off john st used to be cafe euro

I make a point of trying a coffee from a different place whenever I can, but 75% of the time it either tastes of water or is otherwise unpalpable.

I used to be of the elitist opinion that coffee has to be made by a small one man organisation, with love, but the more I drink the more I come to appreciate the fact that I know what I will get from the chains (for instance, if I want to go into a diabetic shock it's Starbucks; if I want bitter coffee it's Costa).

So, given I need to be sure I will have a decent coffee to drink later, I need to go somewhere that I can rely on, hence the chain desire.

Actually, Subway's coffees aren't so bad, and there's a Subway on London Road... Might swing by there.

As someone else suggested, the Copthorne hotel attached to the groun do a good coffee.

If you're insisting on Subway though, I'd personally avoid the London Road one, worst Subway I've ever been to.

Spikie pop into the Harland Cafe ex Euro Cafe. It's in John Street approximately 100 yards from the United ground and a really cool trendy cafe.

Come to the light... MaccyDs do a nice Coffee on the way to S6, then there is the countless germvans that will knock up a brew of summat that smells of coffee:hihi::hihi:

I reckon you need a strong un to stomach watching that rubbish.

Come to S6, its much easier on the pallette!!

How helpful have i been!!!!