Before it was alpine drinks

I used to work at what became Alpine soft drinks , but i worked their when it was still called SYDS , i joined the company in around Feb 1965 as a van boy . We used to deliver soft drinks door to door and take cash , i worked with 3 different drivers in my time with the company. With the first we used to sell door to door in Sheffield Mon to Wed and then Doncaster Thurs and Fri, we used to go to variuos locations in Sheffield such as Millhouses, Gleadless Valley and Crookes and in Doncaster Balby , Edlington , Warmsworth and maybe one or two others . I changed drivers in June 1966 and this driver went to Scunthorpe every day , i was with this driver 6 months , the last driver i went with for only a month in jan/feb 1967 he went to various locations none i can really recall .

I used to love it wen't alpine man knocked on't door, specially if wo in on mi oowan, primed wit cash i wo supposed ta tell im "4 mixed please" , but i used ta pick mi favs instead. Happy days eh. I can spell really !

We used to have Alpine lorry come - Cherryade and Pineappleade my fav's. This was in early 70s. Happy days:) probabaly 'cos it was laden with sugar.

I used to work at what became Alpine soft drinks , but i worked their when it was still called SYDS , i joined the company in around Feb 1965 as a van boy . We used to deliver soft drinks door to door and take cash , i worked with 3 different drivers in my time with the company. With the first we used to sell door to door in Sheffield Mon to Wed and then Doncaster Thurs and Fri, we used to go to variuos locations in Sheffield such as Millhouses, Gleadless Valley and Crookes and in Doncaster Balby , Edlington , Warmsworth and maybe one or two others . I changed drivers in June 1966 and this driver went to Scunthorpe every day , i was with this driver 6 months , the last driver i went with for only a month in jan/feb 1967 he went to various locations none i can really recall .

When my kids were young in the 70s we always got 'pop' from the Alpine man. We lived in Doncaster (Bessacarr) when they were growing up, and they liked going to the lorry to pick their flavours. They liked most except dandelion and burdock. :gag: As Eli says above, it was full of sugar, but they've kept their teeth. :hihi:

I used to work at what became Alpine soft drinks , but i worked their when it was still called SYDS , i joined the company in around Feb 1965 as a van boy . We used to deliver soft drinks door to door and take cash , i worked with 3 different drivers in my time with the company. With the first we used to sell door to door in Sheffield Mon to Wed and then Doncaster Thurs and Fri, we used to go to various locations in Sheffield such as Millhouses, Gleadless Valley and Crookes and in Doncaster Balby , Edlington , Warmsworth and maybe one or two others . I changed drivers in June 1966 and this driver went to Scunthorpe every day , i was with this driver 6 months , the last driver i went with for only a month in jan/feb 1967 he went to various locations none i can really recall .

Hi daveontues

Where was the Alpine drinks depot situated was it on Owler Ln or at Woodseats I seem to remember two depots selling soft drinks but cant remember if it was Alpine or not :huh: .

Wasn't they a company called apollo, that delivered soft drinks?

Edited by alan p
spelling

Wasn't they a company called apollo, that delivered soft drinks?

Which one alan p the Owler Ln one or the Woodseats one.

Hello Jack looked for a address for apollo,could only find this one.

Apollo Mineral Water And Beverages Private Ltd.

Address:

4/1, Ponamalee High Rd.

Chennai, 600107

India

Phone:

Fax:

I don't think they came that far:)

Our mom would never buy the fizzy pop when we were kids in the 50's unless it was a treat. However I do remember our neighbours would have ginger beer delivered by S.Y.D.S. in earthenware flagons. I can remember their lad would swig it straight from the flagon on a hot day. We were sooo jealous!!

SYDS had their depot in Rotherham at the end of Erskine Rd just past the fire station ... the depot was still their when Alpine first took over that depot probably at the end of the 1960s. Now its been demolished and new building in its place .

some of the flavours we at SYDS sold were Pineapplade, Limeade, Lemonaide, Cream Soda, Appleaide, Cherryaide, Cola, and probably 2 or 3 others i dont recall

hapy memories my friend rob procter used to deliver from the rotherham depot