Thousands march to remember Chilean 9/11

In Santiago to remember more than 3,000 people killed during the Pinochet dictatorship that was launched 38 years ago. Nixon was implicit in supporting Pinochet because he feared that under Allende, Chile could become another Cuba. The CIA spent millions campaigning against him.

The United States is a great country historically run by amoralistic, power hungry demagogues. How else could you explain such a beacon of democracy and liberty supporting a regime like Pinochet's?

I wish upon the American people great wisdom in the coming election, to see through the BS they're being sold by the same old interests.

The United States is a great country historically run by amoralistic, power hungry demagogues. How else could you explain such a beacon of democracy and liberty supporting a regime like Pinochet's?

I wish upon the American people great wisdom in the coming election, to see through the BS they're being sold by the same old interests.

Maybe you should bless them all with your stunning insight. Harry Pollitt or 'Arold Wilson would be your choice I'm sure :D

Maybe you should bless them all with your stunning insight. Harry Pollitt or 'Arold Wilson would be your choice I'm sure :D

British leaders tend not to embroil themselves in such foreign controversy. America is tainted by Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Chile, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other campaigns.

British leaders tend not to embroil themselves in such foreign controversy. America is tainted by Vietnam, Korea, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Chile, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other campaigns.

Apart from Thatcher allowing the sick Pinochet to suckle on her healing teat. The BS spans many continents.

Thatcher loved him and I remember Norman Lamont eulogising about him and insisting on him being referred to as "Senator" Pinochet rather than General Pinochet...he certainly wasn't a Senator when he was ordering troops to round up and execute opponents, rape women and set protestors on fire.

I suppose you can always judge people by their friends.

Thatcher loved him and I remember Norman Lamont eulogising about him and insisting on him being referred to as "Senator" Pinochet rather than General Pinochet...he certainly wasn't a Senator when he was ordering troops to round up and execute opponents, rape women and set protestors on fire.

I suppose you can always judge people by their friends.

My neighbor (now back in Chile) was arrested by the military police. She was violated on more than one occasion by an Alsatian, and forced to watch her 15yr old daughter suffer the same.

]British leaders tend not to embroil themselves in such foreign controversy.[/b] America is tainted by Vietnam' date=' Korea, Cambodia, Nicaragua, Chile, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other campaigns.[/quote']

Not quite as bad as the Empire tainted much of the world though is it?

Come on Harleyman, nobody is asking you to renounce your US citizenship, just acknowledge that your people and country deserve better than these barbarous hypocrites.

Not quite as bad as the Empire that tainted much of the world though is it?

:hihi::hihi:, good point !

Come on Harleyman, nobody is asking you to renounce your US citizenship, just acknowledge that your people and country deserve better than these barbarous hypocrites.

Well you mucked up the other thread with your insensitive, uncalled for and inappropriate comments but now you've no reason to hold back. Carry on the rants. I've heard them all before on a dozen other threads you've posted on

Just remember one basic thing though. If you're enjoying freedom of speech and the privileges of democracy just remember the nation that was big and powerful enough to stop the likes of Hitler and Stalin from subjugating you

That's all. Carry on