What should this country do to stop crime .national service ?

What should this country do to stop crime .and from getting any worse? My friend says national service would be a good idea these are his thoughts if you break the law from 15years of age to 18 you do 2 years national service. Would this help I think it would what about you and have you got any other ideas of what could be done before this great country of ours goes to the dogs.And did you do national service was it any good for your up bringing.

i think they shoulb bring back the old style borstals and approved schools,my uncle said you only got sent there once:gag:

Hmmmm......the thought of the defence of this country being in the hands of criminals and law-breakers seems to have a lot of potential. How would it work though?

Would the navy get the arsonists and other serious offenders, or just the riff-raff low-level offenders? Would the army get the wife beaters and those found guilty of common assault or GBH, or would there be some opportunity for the airforce to take at least a couple of muggers and suchlike?

Which branch of the armed forces gets to take claiment fraudsters?

Once these issues have been settled, I'm sure it will all work out perfectly. What an excellent idea - the armed forces populated by convicts. :thumbsup:

Sack the justice system and get a real one.

Read in the paper today of a man who has been sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping a 12 week. Yes 12 WEEK old baby. Surely someone as sick as this should be put to death?.

Jon Venables and Robert Thompson served a whopping 8 years for murdering poor jamie bulger. and then were given new identities and set free.

I know these are major crimes but the sentences for lesser crimes are just as pathetic.

Think about it.

A typical law abiding family man who has a nice home, a TV, Video, Nice furniture and a few orniments e.t.c. The total cost to him would probably be 10 years hard labour at work.

Along comes a burgular, Breaks in, Nicks everything and trashes the house. The total cost to him would probably be 6 months community service.

Crime doesn't pay - But it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Only a decent deterant will stop the criminal or at least make him think.

Bring back Public Execution

Bring back Public Flogging

Make drugs free and plentiful so that those who use them Overdose.

Originally posted by melthebell

kill everybody

errrrrrrrm

or ban them,ok ill get me coat:hihi:

Originally posted by Snotty

Sack the justice system and get a real one.

Bring back Public Execution

Bring back Public Flogging

Sound's like you want an Islamic Republic.

Originally posted by doddy

What should this country do to stop crime .and from getting any worse? My friend says national service would be a good idea these are his thoughts if you break the law from 15years of age to 18 you do 2 years national service. Would this help I think it would what about you and have you got any other ideas of what could be done before this great country of ours goes to the dogs.And did you do national service was it any good for your up bringing.

Hi Doddy

National service would be an excellant idea.

The problem's in this country stem from the do gooders, the removal of the beat Bobby, the CPS and the banning of the stick in schools. This has led to a generation of anarchist parents who in turn do not discip[line thier children.

Each subsequent generation has less respect for law and order and I dont know where it will all end!

Simmo

Originally posted by kensimmo

Hi Doddy

National service would be an excellant idea.

The problem's in this country stem from the do gooders, the removal of the beat Bobby, the CPS and the banning of the stick in schools. This has led to a generation of anarchist parents who in turn do not discip[line thier children.

Each subsequent generation has less respect for law and order and I dont know where it will all end!

Simmo

I vote for sending them all to the salt mines in the Urals. What we need is a communist society like in the USSR to instil common values and respect

I joined the Royal Navy straight from school at 15. I immediately became the lowest from of life that a sailor would scrape off his shoe. Life was harsh, discipline was extremely strict and came as a complete shock to the system. Punishment came in all forms, the most severe being "Cuts" or caning and the ceremonial with which it was administered was frightening. This type of recruitment stopped in 1972,when the school leaving age was raised to 16. I completed 15 years service and hopefully contributed a little as a law abiding citizen with respect for my fellow human beings.

National Service was mandatory from the age of 18 to complete 2 years in the Army and RAF, 3 years in the Navy. This conscription finished in 1960.

I would suggest that 2/3 years of regimented life, learning respect and discipline would harm no one. You certainly leave the services a better man.

Unfortunately the PC brigade and Tree Huggers would never condone National Service being re-instated, which would frighten the government through loss of voting power. Also note that none of the serving cabinet have undergone military service. Sermon over.

Doddy, Probably this topic should be in General Chit Chat.

It makes sense to me to bring some sort of National Service Scheme back. A lot of the youths who get into crime are just plain bored. Fit young men need a challenge, need to burn off all their energy and need to experience the feeling of 'a job well done'. Perhaps a 12 month stint without war service would be a good idea, then if they have got a taste for the life, they could then sign up. It should be made compulsory for all british males unless they are studying or in a vital occupation. There's tons of stuff that they could do in the UK during their year. At the very least they would learn what camararderie and teamwork is and perhaps learn respect. We should all write to our MP's to put the idea forward - I will definitely.

Hi that was my intention but im new to this and got it wrong .But we need to help the young generation in some way . And this could be a start .