Kickboxing for beginners

Oxo has been doing kickboxing since 1986 trained with Phil Glover European champion and coached Glynn Page to English title WKA and has fought on WKA show.

Do you also know that kickboxing evolved from karate taekwondo and tand soo do.

The greatest kickboxer ever Benny the Jet URquidez was a tang soo do exponent.

Kickboxing is a cross breed of the above mixed in with western boxing.

benny the jet practised karate not tang soo do althouh chukc norris did tangsoodo

lets face it andy sorry "claw"

youve finally realsied that TKD is a **** style which is why your wantin to branch into kickboxing :P

TKD is on its way out now is it?

lookin at the TKD in the olympics which was really a bit of an embarassment to martial arts in general i can see why

so big deal if any hill spent time in croft house boxin gym,.. how many fihts did he actually have?

also i have heard that a representative for TKD was asked from the WTF which they didnt want to talk about :P

Karate and kung fu gave their representative , can TKD stylists no longer actually fight?

LOL

can TKD stylists no longer actually fight?

I would love to see anyone from kickboxing fight at WTF OR ITF.

There have been many TKD exponents cross over to Kickboxing and MMa successfully.

Back in the day Owen Comrie WTF Rick The Jet Roufus Kenny Walton Elvis Parlsey etc and people like Mark Weir TAGB.

Kickboxing is not a style its a set of rules for all martial artists to particpate in.

Kicboxing came from traditional MA such as TKD Trad Karate Lau Gar kung fu etc etc

Get your history correct .....do you know what the worlds most popular MA is Taekwondo....Master Sken is a TKD master did you know that ....

what the hell ..LOL ..what a joke ..i seriously doubt it ..LOL

Where is the joke? :confused: Apart from FreddyLee's repeated lacking displays of any respect, and his factual and historical accounts :hihi::P

FreddyLee is just one of those "our style/club is the best, why would you want to train elsewhere" kind of people, with a lack of MA knowledge and no respect for others.

Who cares if "farhads team are possibly the best univeristy kickboxing team in the country" (even though loughborough clearly did better with 4 golds)

How comes everyone wants to cash in on kickboxings popularity?

you get taekwondo and thaiboxing people coming on this thread and saying try our club instead blah blah blah

anyone would think that wicker or the taekwondo clubs are short of members?

LOL

Sarah , hope youre keeping it up good

when are you takin your white belt?

Theres a lot of that sort of thing around. :hihi:

You'll not stop it, but you know what right, so dont stress.

have a good one

Argghhh people..calm down!!! Agree to disagree or something and we can talk about what this thread is meant to b about :D

and freddylee..i'm doing my grading in like 2 weeks :help: lol

SARAH

out of interest, what does your grading involve sarah? what will you be required to do in order to succesfully obtain your belt?

To be honest i'm not quite sure coz i've never done one before! Apparently i just have to prove i can do certain techniques by themselves and in combination with other techniques. Because i've only had like 10 sessions i'm well nervous lol but apparently i was doing red belt combinations pretty gd so with any luck i'll be okay!

You do kickboxing anvil?

SARAH

no, i don't - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is my current discipline of choice :)

i have done western boxing, but never kickboxing - i hear that AFK is a great place to train though, despite what freddylee says! LOL :hihi:

actually i trained in wing chun for a while with a guy who trained/trains at AFK and he highly recommended the place.

good luck with your grading :thumbsup:

nice one sarahbabe good luck with it

Anvil thanx for the comment when r u popping down?