Kickboxing for beginners

Latif is a decent guy from what I have seen of him. I know he can handle himself outside (no one does a runner on him when he does taxis lol). Hes a really good athlete, ive heard he does crazy things like runs up hills with rocks in his rucksack.

I have also heard he was a very good semi contact points fighter.

I cant comment on any of his kickboxing background as I have never seen or heard of him kickboxing.

I know people who have trained with him and they say that he is hardcore.

As for recommendations, my advice is use your own intelligence , try everything and seek your own path.

Thanks 4 all of dat...

so wat dyu do? is it semi contact or full contact...? kickboxing??

Av u won any major tournaments or anything ur sound quite experianced n skilld...

Hi Kickass Combat.

The times for our sessions are below. Wellington street is near the fire station in the town centre.

If you are happy with training with Latif then why do you need to change?

as a matter of fact I have just sent Latif a text message to invite him to put some fighters on my next full contact show on the 1st of June.

I have seen kickboxing shows where instructors put on "any old crap" to fight and the standard of the fights has been "**** poor" pardoning my french. At AFK events, all of the fighters are required to be of a decent standard so only the GOOD clubs will ever put fighters on my shows i.e. the real warriors.

Good luck in your search.

This thread is about kickboxing for beginners so I shall return to the topic.

BEGINNERS CLASSES :

MONDAY 830PM , THURSDAY 830PM , SUNDAY 12-130PM (Wellington Street)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 730PM (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

WEDNESDAY 6-7PM ( Usport , Goodwin sports centre)

Female only class = THURSDAY 730PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Want to just do your own thing and be coached on a few finer points (wether beginner or advanced) :

FRIDAY 6-7PM

Or, if you have done kickboxing before or another martial art to a decent standard,

EXPERIENCED CLASSES :

MONDAY 630-830PM (Wellington Street Boxing gym)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 830-930pm (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

FRIDAY 7-830PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Visiting martial artists/boxers/kick or thaiboxers from other gyms are always welcome and regularly make an appearance at AFK.

We seem to be getting members from Royce Gracie BJJ club, Tangsoodo and also quite a few amateur boxers seem to be giving kickboxing a try. All of them add to the multi cultural/multi style sort of flavour at AFK.

Wellington street boxing gym is near the fire station in the town centre and also near the Devonshire cat pub.

The gym is fully equipped and has everything from weights to bags, to speedball/floor and ceiling ball and a boxing ring for sparring.

All the classes are taught by kickboxers with actual kickboxing ring experience. All instructors are patient and used to dealing with people at all levels from a nervous first timer, to sports people/athletes who simply use kickboxing to further their main sports aims right up to full contact kickboxers.

AFK has something for everyone

Hi Kickass Combat.

The times for our sessions are below. Wellington street is near the fire station in the town centre.

If you are happy with training with Latif then why do you need to change?

as a matter of fact I have just sent Latif a text message to invite him to put some fighters on my next full contact show on the 1st of June.

I have seen kickboxing shows where instructors put on "any old crap" to fight and the standard of the fights has been "**** poor" pardoning my french. At AFK events, all of the fighters are required to be of a decent standard so only the GOOD clubs will ever put fighters on my shows i.e. the real warriors.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks 2 evrything chefkika...i myt come dwn on a monday or friday...

Is ur name farhad ali?? ive erd bwt u by a kikboxer calld waheed? dyu knw him? es short build?

latif is a dreamer he says he`s second in the world thats crap he never entered the world championships he says he won the kung fu nationals. No he did`nt he entered but never won . Dont get me wrong he`s a good guy but alot has to be desired

latif is a dreamer he says he`s second in the world thats crap he never entered the world championships he says he won the kung fu nationals. No he did`nt he entered but never won . Dont get me wrong he`s a good guy but alot has to be desired

That is strange jediwarrior...

i av erd e has a heart of a lion...e fought in world turnaments wen his toe came off inda fight...? iv also erd e trains hardcore...n e does some crazy things...that are unbelievable...i dnt knw him personally but i knw ppl hu knw him n der say e is da soldierr of firvale lol

well i know him and he never got picked for national team so never got picked for world team and he lost his toe between mats in a ema tornament at concord sports centre

well i know him and he never got picked for national team so never got picked for world team and he lost his toe between mats in a ema tornament at concord sports centre

Oh well...i guess you would know better...

so u from sheffield lau gar...is dat grahams club... 1 of my mates got a cuzin hu teaches n trains wiv lau gar... U ad a show in march i was der it was brilliant...Good performances...

That is strange jediwarrior...

i av erd e has a heart of a lion...e fought in world turnaments wen his toe came off inda fight...? iv also erd e trains hardcore...n e does some crazy things...that are unbelievable...i dnt knw him personally but i knw ppl hu knw him n der say e is da soldierr of firvale lol

I have heard the same things above myself Kikasscombat.

Jediwarrior,

To call Latif a "dreamer " I would say that is harsh and incorrect but hey you know him better than I do I presume.

In all honesty this thread is about kickboxing for BEGINNERS!!!

So shall we keep this thread that way rather than go on about "who is the soldier of XYZ" or which Kickboxer ABC won the PQR championships of planet EFG.

Thank you guys.

i like latif and he has his good qualities and he is very dedicated to his trainin i`ll give him that and will help anyone who needs help

Hi guys, I will be starting Hallam Uni next month, and I am interested in learning kickboxing in the near future.

I am just wondering if the sporthallam card includes your classes?

I dont mind if it doesnt, I just wondered ;)

Also I have just reaced the ripe old age of 30, and I am wondering if you have many people over 25 there? Dont want to feel like an old codger :P

Hi guys, I will be starting Hallam Uni next month, and I am interested in learning kickboxing in the near future.

I am just wondering if the sporthallam card includes your classes?

I dont mind if it doesnt, I just wondered ;)

Also I have just reaced the ripe old age of 30, and I am wondering if you have many people over 25 there? Dont want to feel like an old codger :P

Hi Reebo

The sporthallam GOLDCARD includes 2 kickboxing classes a week (Tuesday and Thursday at 730pm) . There are quite a few mature students so dont worry about it. Even I am over 25 myself :hihi: not by much admittedly but still over 25 :D

My advice is dont waste any time get down there as soon as the coruse starts and book your classes 6 days in advance as the hallam university classes fill up VERY quickly.

Now if you cant get onto a sport hallam class, we do Beginners classes at the Wellington street gym in town at 830pm on Mondays and Thursdays.

Thanks for the info. If the hallam classes are full I dont mind going to wellington street.

Im planning on getting used to juggling work and uni first, so i'll probably see you in mid october sometime.