Kickboxing for beginners

I wanted to come to my first class tonight at Wellington Street, but have wussed out. I'm worried that I'm just too unfit right now to be able to keep up with a class. Is everyone else a go to the gym all the time super fit type? Kind of a catch 22..too unfit to go and the only way to get fit is to do more exercise!

hi skibunny

im one of the assistant instructors at the gym, i know how u feel as i have had a lot of people feel the same in the past, dont worry about your fittness levels, you work at your own rate which means that if u feel tired then u can take it easier. in time you fittness levels will increase and u will look back and wonder what it is that you are worried about now. we also run a beginners class at hallam uni up at Colegiate campus where i also help teach, the sessions are 7.30- 8.30 on both a tuesday and thursday. these sessions are purely beginners and it is a great mixture of males and females. like i said dont worry about your fittness levels as they will improve, everyone has been in the same situation as you in the past so dont worry about it. i hope to see you down at the gym soon.

Chef...Cheers for the lift!! :-) i still cant do a jumping back kick...sob. Lol. ;-)

HI sarah, ricky veevers here " mavericks kickboxing " our assosiation has classes all over sheffield may be you'd like to try us out. our number is 01142880300, ask for terry or lucy. mention i sent you the number plz. all the best rik

If any one would like private lessons im 3rd dan in kickboxing, 7 times british and 1 times euopean champ under 65 kg, 1st dan in free style karate 5 times gb, 2 times european champ 1 times world champ, 1 st dan tae kwon do 2 times british 1 times european champ,

lesson fees are £ 15 at your own venue and £ 25 if a room needs to be hired

my number is 07933485232

riky

xsarahbabex

he might have just seen the pic and thought he would try his luck lol

If any one would like private lessons im 3rd dan in kickboxing, 7 times british and 1 times euopean champ under 65 kg, 1st dan in free style karate 5 times gb, 2 times european champ 1 times world champ, 1 st dan tae kwon do 2 times british 1 times european champ,

lesson fees are £ 15 at your own venue and £ 25 if a room needs to be hired

my number is 07933485232

riky

Riky

I can believe that youre a 3rd Dan and possibly your credentials in Karate/Taekwondo but those claims of you being 7 times British and 1 time european champion in kickboxing do sound like outlandish claims.

I am well versed in the kickboxing scene and to be honest, I had never heard of you as a kickboxer. I had heard your name as a semi contact fighter but not as a kickboxer. I have reffereed you in the light contact and know your standard and in all honesty you are not bad BUT definitely not british or european championship standard.

No disrespect meant of course.

In future be happy with what you have got and dont try to make exaggerated claims especially in front of those who know what they are on about.

Again no disrespect meant just stating my honest opinion which is based on actual knowledge.

Peace

Farhad

Thats right Farhad bro you tell em.

Rik veevers= master nick? sounds like it.

on a serious note.

AFK KICKBOXING BEGINNERS LESSONS

MONDAY 830PM , THURSDAY 830PM , SUNDAY 12 PM

ALL BEGINNERS CLASSES £4 PER LESSON

MONDAY is with AFK bossman Farhad Ali

Thursday with Mark Howarth (AFK's pretty boy/Mr Niceguy)

Sunday with Big Andy (EX world title contender at heavyweight)

Other classes available at other venues for youth groups and also both universities.

Nice one Freddy, when are you back in sheffield next? Please turn on your phone it is easier to contact Tony Blair than it is to get hold of you!

I will reiterate :

BEGINNERS CLASSES :

MONDAY 830PM , THURSDAY 830PM , SUNDAY 12-130PM (Wellington Street)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 730PM (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

WEDNESDAY 6-7PM ( Usport , Goodwin sports centre)

Female only class = THURSDAY 730PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Want to just do your own thing and be coached on a few finer points (wether beginner or advanced) :

FRIDAY 6-7PM

Or, if you have done kickboxing before or another martial art to a decent standard,

EXPERIENCED CLASSES :

MONDAY 630-830PM (Wellington Street Boxing gym)

TUESDAY/THURSDAY 830-930pm (Sheffield Hallam University, Broomgrove Road)

FRIDAY 7-830PM (Wellington street boxing gym)

Visiting martial artists/boxers/kick or thaiboxers from other gyms are always welcome and regularly make an appearance at AFK.

We seem to be getting members from Royce Gracie BJJ club, Tangsoodo and also quite a few amateur boxers seem to be giving kickboxing a try. All of them add to the multi cultural/multi style sort of flavour at AFK.

(with regards to the broomgrove class's i suppose)

Hey all,

Looking to get back into kick boxing - though haven’t done it for years and years (bear belly bloat later)

I’ve done a little karate, kick boxing and tia boxing at uni a few years back, i would still class my self as a beginner although i should think after a few months training and fitness improvements i would be getting back to my self.

I came to couple of class's in my 2nd year of uni when tia boxing closed down but was a little out of my depth in the later class's and the first class's were rammed full. Am i ok to come along to the beginner class's and just start from the basics or are they still really busy?

Cheers

Lew