Victory for the ginger-haired?

So do you think gingerism is an acceptable prejudice?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. So do you think gingerism is an acceptable prejudice?

• Yes
    • No

Lol, Ginger a race. I've been called a 'racist' when joking around with one of my ginger friends, but it's all in jest. Compensation? That's ridiculous, the worker stepped over the line, slightly, but she certainly doesn't deserve a bloody article, jesus.

Hahahaha.

Gingers

Ginners

Minner Ginners

Ginner Minners

Ginger Mingers

The worker should have been commended for having a sense of humor.

Something most till staff dont have these days.

Lol, Ginger a race. I've been called a 'racist' when joking around with one of my ginger friends, but it's all in jest. Compensation? That's ridiculous, the worker stepped over the line, slightly, but she certainly doesn't deserve a bloody article, jesus.

Ginger is just a hair colour...simple:huh:

Ginger is just a hair colour...simple:huh:

So why are all Ginger nuts so ugly with pail freckled skin, who hate the sun, send em back to their own planet.:gag:

I think it's only in the uk ginger folk get stick, in the states it isn't an issue at all, or so an article in the bbc website led me to believe. In fact I don't think they even call ginger people ginger - they're all call red heads.

The dude at the bank needed sacking, but then I hate banks and id sack most of the planks I have to speak to.

Anyway ginger people are just like you and me. Alright , chem1st has a whole host of other problems but being a ginge isn't one (can I even call redheads ginger or is it like calling dwarves midgets - something you shouldn't do) but you'll find that the hot/minger ratio is the same for redheads as it is for everyone else.

So why is hair colour ever a factor in anything? Blondes also come in for stick; brunettes/black-haired rarely so.

Interesting question. I've never had any problems with gingers, and I actually find ginger girls quite attractive (Karen Gillan from Doctor Who springs to mind).

I've always found with the 'isms' (racism, sexism and all that), it seems that if something has an 'ism' on the end, it's more serious and important, by equality standards anyway.

Not that I condone racism or anything, but I've never seen why it's considered such a serious criminal act. Is it not in the same or at least similar realm of picking on someone because they're ginger? Surely if race-hate laws are put in place then wouldn't that mean that ginger-hate laws should be put in place? :hihi:

I don't know, all these laws about discrimination are a bit over the top if you ask me.

None of them seems to bar discrimination on grounds of hair-colour; but my question was why it's ever relevant to anything at all.

Mick Hucknall said that it is a form of bigotry, and he's right, it is.

A victory for the Gingers?

Perhaps in the sense that arseholes like this bank clerk will think twice before opening their mouths next time.

Npower had a billboard advert running all over the country in the year 2000 and it was a family portrait. A picture of a red haired dad and red haired mum beaming at the camera and sat between them was their red haired son about 8 years old but he was looking miserable.

The tag line was " There are some things in life you can't choose! "

In other words you can move power supplier, but if you have ginger parents, tough **** kid. ha ha ha! What a larf eh.

A spokesman for the company said it had not meant to offend redheads, but was merely trying to use humour to show that people could change their gas supplier.

Imagine if it was a Pakistani family, and a Pakistani boy, maybe not such a hoot.

What's the difference in discrimination between red hair and brown skin? I suppose they are left alone because of that pesky discrimination legislation. Gingers have faced discrimination for generations. In the past they have even been burned at the stake as witches. Corporations can't take the **** out of the ethic minorities but they can always kick the gingers though.

Two years ago I was in a pub and a red haired young lad walked past a group of other guys who watched him go by on his way to the loo. When he came back and walked past them again one of the wags played a ring tone really loud " WARNING...GINGER ALERT! " over and over.

They all burst out laughing at him. He ignored them but was obviously humiliated.

What is the difference between that and " BLACK ALERT" ? A criminal record for hate crime perhaps

Mick Hucknall said it was a form of bigotry? He got that right.

I'm amazed at the stuff it's ok to ridicule. Fat people, redheads, and the 'melanin challenged'. I helped chaperone my daughter's middle school trip to the beach, and the kids were good naturedly teasing a very chunky, freckled, pale skinned classmate. Laughing because he needed sunscreen, telling him to put on a shirt the glow was blinding them, etc. (He reminded me of the fat kid in Stand By Me.)

The teasing was getting more raucous. I finally pulled a couple of them aside and quietly said, "stop messing with him, NOW." They assured me he didn't mind, he was laughing along with them, and I said "no. If you keep it up you'll hurt his feelings, so knock it off." They did stop and the kids all had a wonderful day.

Fast forward ten years. I asked my daughter about this young man because she keeps in touch with old friends, and she showed me a picture on her phone. Wow. He grew taller, slimmed down, the freckles have faded and he is devastatingly handsome. My daughter said,"yeah, there are a few girls kicking themselves!" :hihi:

I think red hair is beautiful. Not many red heads where I live or where I grew up. I can only think of one boy in elementary school with red hair. When I was in high school, there were two red haired sisters in the entire school. Both of them had the red hair/brown eyes combo, not green or blue eyes.

When my children were infants, both of them developed faintly reddish hair at a few months of age. I got all excited but it faded fast. My daughter's went dirty blonde and my boy's went blond.

So why are all Ginger nuts so ugly with pail freckled skin, who hate the sun, send em back to their own planet.:gag:

Interesting question. I've never had any problems with gingers, and I actually find ginger girls quite attractive stunning (Karen Gillan from Doctor Who springs to mind).

Obviously different people like different things. Some people prefer pale and interesting, others obviously prefer tanned and boring ;)

some guy, I've fixed your post for you.